TL-WPA8630P KIT only gets a tenth of the available speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-23 13:01:48
Model: TL-WPA8630P KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi,

Ive recently gotten gigabit internet connection. When i hook up my comp to the router directly, i get above average speeds according to wieistmeineip.de....

But when i connect via the kit, i only get a tenth of that speed. Could it be that my electricity web is bottlenecking? Or is there some other reason behind it?

best regards

Raziel

Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-WPA8630P KIT only gets a tenth of the available speed
2020-04-26 20:19:55

@Raziel 

I'm also having issues after replacing the TL-WPA4220 with the TP-PA8033P.

I dropped in speed (on the same powersockets as before) in 10 fold.

From 65Mbit to 6Mbit on the LAN of the adapter.

Tried out several power sockets and everywhere its the same.

Connected my older TL-WPA4220 and i have directly 65+ Mbit.

I found back in other forum topics that many people complain about the later TP-Link powerline adapters, they seem not to work as the older versions do.

TP link support is not coming back to people, only asking to test it on different power sockets etc and then nothing anymore.

It gets blamed on peoples electricity lines / disturbance, but as many people here can see... older TP link powerline adapters DO work.

Options
Re:TL-WPA8630P KIT only gets a tenth of the available speed
2020-06-07 13:15:08
I had a similar issue, but it turned out I was connecting using some cables that came with an old router that only had 4 cores, and were unable to support more than 100Mbps. I switched the cable out for CAT5e, and my computer reported 1000baseT connection. I'm not getting the maximum possible throughput on my powerline network, but that cable is no longer a bottle neck. My lesson learnt is that it is worth double checking the cables say CAT5e or CAT6 on them!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 960

Replies: 2