X60 - Powerline backhaul?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-23 17:55:36
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have bought a Deco X60 3-piece kit. This is the setup

- I have a 300 Mbps cable service

- Main Deco unit as router, it is in the basement connected to cable modem (which is in bridge mode); main deco unit connected to a Netgear switch, as I have ethernet cable throughout the house

- 1st slave unit has ethernet backhaul, works perfectly

- 2nd slave unit has a wireless backhaul as I do not have ethernet cable in that room; I have 2 bars as signal strength, not 3 bars

The 2nd slave unit shows lower performance vs. the 1st slave unit connected via ethernet to the main unit.

Can I use powerline as backhaul of the 2nd unit instead of wireless, and would that be better?

Options
1 Reply
Re:X60 - Powerline backhaul?
2020-04-30 11:07:26

@ReallyHopeful 

Do you mean to connect a powerline adapter to the switch, then connect the other powerline adapter which is paired with the first one to the 2nd slave Deco?

If so, this network diagram is no problem, the two powerline adapters work as an Ethernet cable to connect the 2nd slave Deco to the switch.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 897

Replies: 1

Related Articles