Want to set 2 deco units as AP. Want to make sure...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-25 08:51:31 - last edited 2020-04-25 08:56:12

Hello,

I want to set 2 deco m5 units as AP. Each unit will be on different floor, both units are connected via lan cable to a swich and the swich to a router.

I want to make sure that such set up  works as mesh so when traveling between floors my device gets the strongest signal

An one more question, i choose to connect a third unit, could it connected as an extender and still get mesh wifi? 

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Want to set 2 deco units as AP. Want to make sure...
2020-05-09 12:10:47

@Plataoplomo 

The 2 Deco units can build a mesh network when they work in the AP mode, connected to a switch via cable, and then goes to a router.

In this network diagram, the Deco system will recommend the client device to roam to the closest Deco unit when the device is moving around. However, whether to roam or not depends on the device itself.

When you add a new Deco, it can join to the existing Deco network when connect to the existing Deco wirelessly.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 587

Replies: 1