Parental control time restrictions not working properly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Parental control time restrictions not working properly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
17 Reply
Re:Parental control time restrictions not working properly
2020-05-14 01:47:08

@Homemaker 

Let us know if you get a helpful answer or commitment from them to fix the time zones.. 

Options
2020-07-10 13:02:11

@mdskids My time zone appears to be working correctly.  Time is correct in the settings, but I'm still seeing inconsistent results.  Bedtime is set from 12A to 7A and we can't get it to connect until after 8.  Very frustrating.  Any other troubleshooting steps that people are trying?

mdskids wrote

Our M4 mesh (3 units) has been working very well for the last few months but this morning my kids devices couldn't connect to wifi due to parental controls stopping them. We tried rebooting the devices and rebooting the decos. Tried removing the devices from the app list, also tried deleting and readding their profiles with the same controls. None of this helped, although devices could connect fine when removed from their profile. Eventually worked out they they could connect if I turned off the bedtime restrictions in their profile (I dont use the time limit option). Currently bedtime is set from 12 midnight to 6am and this was happening during the day. It's almost as if the decos don't know what time it is! I would like to be able to reinstate the bedtime restriction - any way this can be fixed? 

Thanks

Options
2020-10-17 08:37:06

@mdskids I am in the uk and i set mine to be from say 23:00 until 07:00. Unfortunately they are able to get online throughout that time slot and then moan when they get home from school that they cannot get on the internet...... that's 16:00 so this issue is really annoying. I have set the time in the router settings to London GMT so this should work with no issues. Please can this be fixed ASAP as controlling these kids is important.

Options
2020-10-31 13:58:10

We only seem to have an issue with one phone that does not seem to be able to get access back. Switches off fine at night but when everything else is enabled in the morning this phone doesn't.

Removing from profile is the only option..weird.

Options
2020-12-11 16:11:41

A bit erratic parental controls on the M9 plus here as well. Generally works correct, but sometimes my kids cannot access internet, though the time is not blocked (and internet time set to max 12.5 hours. System time is correct (would be nice to be able to see system time in the app).

Options
2020-12-14 06:00:00

@OB1Toby 

Good day,

Thanks for your patience.

When the devices under parental control have no internet access, if temporary removing the profile, would the internet access restore as once?

Did all the devices under the parental control have the same issue?

Thank you very much.

Options
2020-12-14 19:29:21 - last edited 2020-12-14 19:43:58

Yes - when removing the profiles, internet was restored immediately. Not quite sure if all devices were affected, but the two gaming computers were. 

The system has worked fine during the school week - so I'm testing the weekend settings again. One of the profiles had a bedtime at 00:00 which I guess could comfuse the system (now set at 23:59).

That is another point - Would be nice to be able to set time to 24-hour clock.

Options
Related Articles