RE 305 stops working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

RE 305 stops working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
RE 305 stops working
RE 305 stops working
2020-04-26 20:52:04 - last edited 2020-10-26 01:46:28
Model: RE305  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My RE 305 stops recieveing and transmitting wifisignal.

To fix the problem I must unplug the 305 and wait a while and then plug it in again.

The 305 gets rather hot.

Any idea?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:RE 305 stops working-Solution
2020-10-25 16:31:35 - last edited 2020-10-26 01:46:28

@Snacke I managed to fix mine! Maybe this works for you too!  My RE305 would just freeze, if I leave my primary router and connect to the RE305 extender, my iphone takes forever to connect and eventually it doesn't, I would just disconnect the extender from power and reconnect it again, that way I get to connect, which is extremely inconvenient. 

Here is how I fixed it, after trying all options and settings, I found the one setting that makes a lot of sense, the Wifi coverage! 

Under advanced settings, you'll find Wifi-Coverage, it's set to maximum by default, that setting consumes a lot of power and CPU of the device, I think it does that so muich that the device locks itself!  The best solution I found was to set it to minimum, and since I've done that, the extender has been working like a charm. good luck and hope that works for you.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:RE 305 stops working
2020-04-27 11:26:29

@Snacke There are lots of devices that connected to RE305 and heavy trafic via RE305? Then RE305 will generate more heat than before.

Here are some suggestions:

1.Please also check the socket. 

2. Please make sure that RE305 is working in open place but not in box, and nothing covered.

3. Put RE305 away from other heat source.

Options
Re:RE 305 stops working
2020-04-27 12:23:53

@Kevin_Z 

Nothing much connected. One Ethernet cable to my Tv adaptor. And wifi transmission of course.

Not  in a box

Not near a heat source.

But it seems that connecting to the Tv  adaptor (Arris VIP4302)  makes the  problem occur more often

Options
Re:RE 305 stops working-Solution
2020-10-25 16:31:35 - last edited 2020-10-26 01:46:28

@Snacke I managed to fix mine! Maybe this works for you too!  My RE305 would just freeze, if I leave my primary router and connect to the RE305 extender, my iphone takes forever to connect and eventually it doesn't, I would just disconnect the extender from power and reconnect it again, that way I get to connect, which is extremely inconvenient. 

Here is how I fixed it, after trying all options and settings, I found the one setting that makes a lot of sense, the Wifi coverage! 

Under advanced settings, you'll find Wifi-Coverage, it's set to maximum by default, that setting consumes a lot of power and CPU of the device, I think it does that so muich that the device locks itself!  The best solution I found was to set it to minimum, and since I've done that, the extender has been working like a charm. good luck and hope that works for you.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2399

Replies: 3

Related Articles