Whatsapp on wifi not downloading images?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-28 11:01:48
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.8 Build 20190917 Rel. 76172

Hi gang,

New setup here and hardly something critical but it's annoying and highlights that something is amiss

New house with beautiful FTTP connection, sitting at around 150Mb which is perfect. Used the BT Smarthub for a few days with solid performance but just no range.

So added 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units and disabled the wifi on the BT box and the range has vastly increased but we have noticed on all of the devices in the house that Whatsapp does not look to be downloading images or videos.

The app itself works fine and I havent noticed any other issues from a network perspective, this is just curious

When we turn wifi off on any of the devices, the images/video downloads instantly so it is related to wifi, i just cannot find out where

This worked fine through the BT hub on wifi

The Deco units are configured in AP mode and are all wired for backhaul through the house network cable and switch

Any thoughts welcome

p.s. hope you are all keeping safe and well

J

Options
6 Reply
Re:Whatsapp on wifi not downloading images?
2020-11-03 20:16:16

@Jinjur hey I'm having the same problem but with a c7 Archer modem, do you found a solution? 

Options
2020-11-04 09:05:25

@AlanRawr 

Hello, it is suggested to post your own issue on the below sub-forum:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/32

Options
2020-11-26 12:17:20

@Jinjur 

I hope you have found a solution to this problem but if you have not yet found a solution to this problem then you can try this method.

You have to go to settings and enable the download option. Go to WhatsApp settings > data usage > media auto-download >when connected on Wi-Fi

Here a pop-up window opens up which prompt a you to check the boxes which you wish to download when on Wi-Fi here you tick across all boxes. This will enable auto download of image, audio, video and documents

If you have any problem using this method on WhatsApp then you can try using this OGWhatsApp Apk but this OGWhatsApp Apk will be used from another number.

Options
2021-06-16 11:54:37
Options
2021-07-06 07:43:59 - last edited 2021-07-07 07:15:20

I am also using whatsapp these shares are great thank you. You can download whatsapp aero, a great messaging and calling app and many cool features you will love here: https://coimobile.com/whatsapp-aero/

Options
2021-08-07 08:38:26

@AngelinaSoto  thank you so muck

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1920

Replies: 6