Deco M9 Plus Disconnects

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M9 Plus Disconnects

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M9 Plus Disconnects
Deco M9 Plus Disconnects
2020-04-28 21:33:49
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 Build 20190821 Rel. 54023

Spent really good money on this Deco M9 Plus sytsem and I am experiencing random disconnects several times a day!

A quick search shows I am not the only one having this issue with this system - the question is WHY has this not yet been addressed?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus Disconnects
2020-05-16 06:11:42

@tykra 

Hi,

To better help you, please help to confirm the following information.

1. How many Deco do you have?

2. Please describe your network diagram in detail. Are the Deco units connect to each other via wired or wireless? Do they on the same floor?

3. Please help to check what's the status of the LED on the Deco when the problem happens.

4. Do all of your devices have the disconnect problem?

Options
2020-05-17 23:22:19 - last edited 2020-05-17 23:23:37

M9 Plus has a known issue with disconnects! TP-Link is aware of this yet have not fixed the issue yet and it appears they never will! sad

I have a 3 pack - the primary unit drops internet connection several times per day - obviously once that unit drops the others do as well!

I have fiber internet out of the wall directly into the primary unit. The other hubs are located through the house.   there is nothing wrong with the internet, when using a netgear ac1750 the internet / wifi NEVER drops!   Since I know for certain the internet connection is not th eissue it is 100% an issue with the Deco M9 Plus!

Options
2020-09-14 12:31:07

@tykra 

I had same issue and contacted TP-link. They told me to swap unit...

So I was only using 2 at the time...so they wanted me to make the satelite the main and the main the satelite.

I kept asking that since the units are identical until setup...how would this fix anything.

They would not tell me anything except that this sometimes fixes things. 

I did swap them and it is a litlte better (??) but I still experience issues.

I am not happy about spending the money on this and having these issues. I bought at Costco and may just return them unless things get better. I really do hope they get better.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1625

Replies: 3

Related Articles