TP Link Archer AX11000 problems and issues.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-29 09:40:16 - last edited 2020-07-08 09:41:40
Model: AD7200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.05

Opening, this is NOT about the AD7200, I could not choose any other option. What is this ? I want to discuss the AX11000, not the AD7200

TP Link Archer AX11000 Drops 5 Ghz AX mode with Samsung Note 10 Plus. What is the problem ? Latest firmware. Before it did not. Is updated for quite a while now. 

Need to reboot before it connects again. 

Anyone with same problems ? It seems to be an issue with TP Link the 5Ghz. I see many posts also with the TP Link AX6000 too about this issue. What is the problem with the 5Ghz bandwidth ?

Also LAN speed internet with Plus.net used to be close to 70 mbps. 

With the new Three 5G I can get between 82 to 152 mbps ? I have discussed with Plusnet so often. Either they cap me from BT, or the connection with this router is not stable. I also got changed the BT Open Reach Modem which I had for a long time, changed it to a DrayTek 130. First 10 days, had good speeds, now dropped again ???

My friend gave me a new BT Openreach modem, so I tried to change that and see if any difference. Speed dropped to 54 Mbps !!! So put back on my new Draytek on again. Back to 63 mbps now.

I have no idea what is going on here. 5G is capable of 1 GBPS ? So what is the use of BT line then if it is so going up and down.

Yet they take your money ! Then tell you, oh it is UPTO, while the profile would be capable of 300 Mbps. Coz if Virgin Media can do this, why not on BT and Plus.net ? Hyperoptic does up to 1 GBPS ! To me the whole Internet business is taking us for a ride. 

On top of it, the customer always have to bail out companies. Billions, the Aircraft business, the Car business, You name it business. And all the banks. They make billions, trillions. Yet still we need to bail them out with billions, trillions and the like with FIAT money that is so to speak government guaranteed. So tell me ? Where does the Government guarantee any of that ? 

From blank cheques with an account with nothing in it ? Bonds ? Gilts ? Shares ? You have got to be joking me. Bailing out, Bailing in ! Galore. Why have no company ever been delivering anything that is properly working nowadays ??? 

I am so fed up about it all. I spend so much money on this router expecting something different. This is the first time I bought a TP Link in my life ! I also moved to TP Link Smart Switches, I used to be with Linksys, D-Link and Belkin !

I had to choose this router for the security features that I wanted, but I feel it is not secure. Or someone is hacking my WIFI and take it over, or this thing is just a DUD  ! TP Link I have been talking to you lot about IFTTT, that does not work either with this router. Now 5 different Firmware upgrades further it still does not work ! All the settings are right ! It is suppose to be working. But none of you have finished this off. Now after months later, TP Link Support has just ignored me eventually because they could get it working either. 

It is time now TP Link is going to get their act together about these expensive routers they dangle in front of us to go buy. If you can write so much stuff on the box that it does this and that and on the website, then make it that it works as advertised. Not bringing out new features that do not work.

We are also waiting for WPA3 ? Where is it ? It is in my phone ! So I can use it ! On the website it says, WPA3 ! Where is it ? Fix the security problems of WPA2 then ? Or make WPA3 compatible with downward devices. 

Everywhere frustration and anger about all these things everywhere.  Come on TP Link, start bending over these issues and fix them or give us things that work instead !

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TP Link Archer AX11000 problems and issues.-Solution
2020-07-06 03:07:07 - last edited 2020-07-08 09:41:40

@awalos 

Hello, AX11000 will support WPA3 security in the near future and the supported firmware is on the way, it is suggested to keep an eye on the official website for future firmware updates.

Good days.

Recommended Solution
Options
14 Reply
Re:TP Link Archer AX11000 problems and issues.
2020-07-04 17:06:00

@KJILM123 I bought a router because of WPA3. Where is it ???

Options
2020-07-05 14:44:26

oi dont see any option for openvpn client like creation of user id too. Also the trendmicro security its disappoinitng comparing to asus router

Options
Re:TP Link Archer AX11000 problems and issues.-Solution
2020-07-06 03:07:07 - last edited 2020-07-08 09:41:40

@awalos 

Hello, AX11000 will support WPA3 security in the near future and the supported firmware is on the way, it is suggested to keep an eye on the official website for future firmware updates.

Good days.

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-07-06 08:18:28

@Kevin_Z Please show me whe is that hiding setting because on my router it's only that option WPA/WPA2 but nothing about WPA3...

Options
2020-07-07 03:24:08

@awalos 

Hello, may I know the AX11000's region version and firmware version, please?

Please ensure it is running the latest firmware.

Thanks.

Options
2020-07-07 06:24:56

@Kevin_Z 

Brand new router used region (EU) UK

Options
2020-07-07 06:30:00

@Kevin_Z no WPA3 ???

Options
2020-07-07 06:33:51

@Kevin_Z Firmware is up to date??? But not WPA3???

Options
2020-07-13 23:44:14 - last edited 2020-07-14 00:01:48

@KJILM123

I too have a TP-Link Archer AX11000 purchased from Costco.  It's been installed for about a little over a month.  Worked flawlessly with the network reaching all corners of my home including previously areas with poor to no connectivity.  Starting in July, i started to see problems first on my Apple devices.  iPhone 10S Max, Apple MacBook Air, iPad, all wirelessly connected.  thought it was a fluke so rebooted the modem and router since I wasn't sure what the real issue said.  On my iPhone it indicated that I was still connected to the router wirelssly but it said, "No internet connection."  After the reboot of both, all was well.  Until a few days later it happened again.  Rebooted the router only and everything came back on-line.  Now it's more like  every day 2x a day I have to reboot it!  WTF?

In the morning, it's fine.  Me, my wife, my daughter are all working from home.  We have 2 x 27" iMac's, one wired, one wireless, 1 MBAir wireless, 1 Windows laptop wirelss, 1 gaming PC wired.  All of the systems see this issue where the network will just go off-line for them.  I don't know if it starts with wireless devices or the wired devices.  But I always always notice i start seeing problems on my phone first.  Then it cascades to the rest of the devices in the next 10-15 minutes.  It's almost as if the router stops communicating with the modem. 

I thought perhaps it was over heating.  Since the weather has been getting warmer, and it mostly happens in the afternoon as the day warms up, perhaps it's a cooling issue.  Placed a fan on it today (07.13.2020) and i still had to reboot it due to devices starting to fail network access across the house (i.e. no wireless connection).  What's really odd is that the wifi connection symbol will drop from my phone first.  And it'll only be connected via LTE or whatever broadband connection is available. If i go into settings to see what my wifi status is, it still shows i'm connected to one of the wifi channels!

I was using an Apple Airport Extreme which worked flawlessly.  NEVER had to reboot it.  But with all of us working from home and my son's gaming PC, it couldn't handle all of the things we were doing at the same time - started to see lag on web pages loading, video, gaming, etc.  This router can handle it WHEN IT WORKS!

@tplink - i am about to return this router unless there is a fool-proof and concrete fix for it.  Please let us all know what that could be whether it's a setting or a firmware upgrade.  I am seriously considering the ASUS AX11000 to replace this.

FW version:  1.0.5 Build 20200216 rel.72186

HW version:  Archer AX11000 v1.0

Options
2020-07-29 18:16:46

@JamesHowlett

I may have solved the issues with my router.  Last time i indicated that I had placed a fan on it.  That fan was a small desktop fan.  i use it to cool down (myself) when the house starts to warm up.  We have AC so the house never gets warmer than 80 degrees farenheit.  But even @ 80 degrees, it still feels warm and i use a fan for additional cooling.  I used the fan to blow "across" the router to see if that would work.  Nope, it failed within 24 hours.

I still had a hunch this was related to an over heating issue.  I had mentioned in my previous post that it mostly seemed to fail in the afternoons as the house warmed up.  I bought a 140mm USB AC Infinity fan (check Amazon) plugged it into the USB 3.0 port on the router and placed the fan directly on top of the router.  24 hours passed.  48 hours passed.  a week passed.  now 2 weeks passed.  Still haven't had to reboot it!  Not once!  Router is working as i would expect it to - flawlessly, reliability, and faster than my old Apple Airport Extreme.

The fan i use has 3 speeds (low/med/high).  I keep it on the med. speed.

If you are having to reboot your router multiple times a day, note what time of day and the temperature.  It could be an over heating issue.

@tplink - did you guys perform any environmental testing (cold/heat) prior to releasing this beast on the public?

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 11613

Replies: 14

Related Articles