Archer MR600(EU) V1 - BETA Firmware - Allowing selection of 4G+bands for Archer MR600 manually

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer MR600(EU) V1 - BETA Firmware - Allowing selection of 4G+bands for Archer MR600 manually

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
506 Reply
Re:Archer MR600(EU) V1 - BETA Firmware - Allowing selection of 4G+bands for Archer MR600 manually
2020-09-21 08:30:20

@AkashDev Good to see that 40C combination is working great at your place. Airtel has few states only where 40C CA combination is implemented and all other India states have 40A CA combinations implemented by Airtel and JIO both the provider. 

So, we need 40A (40A+40A) CA support on MR600. I have tested on my MR600 with Airtel, JIO both, and 40A+40A CA mode is not working on MR600, but the same is working great in Mumbai on the phone devices Samsung S8, J8, J5 Pro, and Oneplus 7, Redmi Note 9 Pro. Vodafone does not operate on Band 40.

@TPLINK  Eagerly waiting for the 40A+40A CA combinations firmware with band selection feature in the general firmware. please advise the timeline for the same.

Options
Re:Archer MR600(EU) V1 - BETA Firmware - Allowing selection of 4G+bands for Archer MR600 manually
2020-09-21 09:53:36

@Rajiv.R I echo you Rajiv. 

@Sunshine Will it be possible this year ?? 40A+40A. ?

Regards, Abhi
Options
2020-09-21 10:08:39

@AkashDev Wonderful attempt. Appreciated. You have achieved a great bandwidth. I too tried this 45° angle thing. But for me, as you mentioned signal strength was always at 50% of so with speed ranging between 25-30 mpbs. But I noticed that the speed is not consistent. Very high in the morning hours and slow in evening. Max I could reach was at 51mpbs by morning 7am. SNR was at 1 to 5, RSRQ -15 to -18

I made a change. I connected both LPDA antennas straight up (Up direction up) with 2 poles without 45° angle. Distance between each pole approx 4 feet apart. By doing this, I have a speed of minimum 25mpbs at all times, even in peak hours with an upload speed of minimum 18mpbs. Early morning hours I get up to 65mpbs. RSRQ is -10 to -11, SNR >10 at all times.

By doing this change, I notice that CA is not broken. It is always at 3,40 band aggregation. 

In my case, I have a problem. I live in 10th floor of a building; meaning i need to direct my antenna towards tower with a downward inclination. (Up floors always suffer from LTE reception). I do not have open terrace. I have only a balcony, which has full fencing. Even with antennas mounted outside fencing, fencing behind acts as a detterent. But still fixing individual antennas with 5 feet space between each other helped improve.

Options
2020-09-21 10:30:21

@mallipoo Thanks and great that you have found a solution. for me for band 40c i am getting 75% signal strength, tested for whole day and i see 30+ at constant, Sometimes reaches 45 thats the max i could see, here there is a weather condition, its raining from couple of days and high winds which make antenna shake, last night due to high winds the pole had rotated and antenna's were facing sideward. I had to fix that. need to see if weather conditions interfere in signal propogation, will test when weather is right. 

Also you can try this, i found it somewhere

for me with present setup found it hard to mount such way. But you can give a try.

Options
2020-09-22 02:46:18

Hi Tp-link,

Can I request please to include 'Auto' in band selection? 

Thank you, 

Options
2020-09-22 02:51:58

@AkashDev Thanks. This cannot be done with a single pole. This manufacturer has made a clamp to fit this way. We do not get this type of clamp.

Since I have 2 poles, I will try and update in next 2 days.

Options
2020-09-22 02:55:20

@Kentthegreet1 Just switch off band select option. It becomes auto.

Options
2020-09-22 03:59:53

@AkashDev  I was watching a few poynting antenna videos. For ideal performance, they mentioned the distance between the antennas should be based on the bandwidth frequency. And the minimum distance for LTE was around 30 cms. This distance avoids something called Coupling between the antennas, and gives better performance.  If you are curious try moving the antennas a little farther. I will share the video once I find it in the day.  

Options
2020-09-22 06:37:13

@AkashDev Here is the Poynting video where  polarization and distance are being discused. 

Options
2020-09-22 09:41:27

@AkashDev hi Akash. You won't be able to achieve best results with just slanting two LPDA without knowing the polarization. The picture you have attached is of the Poynting A-LPDA-0020-V2 . In that one LPDA is Vertically polarized and the other is Horizontal polarization . Poynting gives customer two LPDA of each different polarization to achieve MIMO and hence designed a bracket for that too. So the orthogonal polarization is achieved which matches the cross-polarization of MIMO sector antennas of the Mobile transmitting towers . Still there are some sector antennas in rural areas in india (rarely) which are only vertically polarized. So in such case it won't get benefited even if you fix a MIMO at UE side. But most cities Metros in India are equipped with cross polarized antennas in towers.

Just double check that with your seller. I strongly believe these LPDA antennas must be both vertically polarized. It's the same for all chinese antennas unless they sell it as MIMO exclusively.

So having said that, you are not getting best RSRQ results even if you mount them +-45 degree. And also SINR doesn't improve. 

Since you have already brought them. I would say you can get best results of you mount them both vertically at different poles with some feet apart or on same pole with a distance of 2-3 meters pointing at two different towers. Hope you ll get the best results.

I think it helps..😊

Regards, Abhi
Options
Related Articles