Which one should be main deco for m9 plus?? (2 different hardware versions)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-30 23:37:27
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My other m9 plus 2 pack arrived.  These new coming ones are hardware verison 1.  And they have the new firmware?!?  My other 2 m9 plus are harware version 2 and no new firmware.

I had already made one of my harware 2 version m9 plus as main deco.  I added the the recently arrived v1 m9plus decos to the network.  When i added , my app found the new firmware and i installed them, but my app has not changed including new features.

Do i need to make the main deco from my V1 with new firmwares deco?  Also i will make an ethernet backhaul after i setup the network.

And if i make the V1 with new firmare deco as the main devo, does my app also upgrades to the new firmware?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Which one should be main deco for m9 plus?? (2 different hardware versions)
2020-05-16 07:55:25

@nameless 

Hi,
Currently, the Deco M9 Plus V1's firmware has more features than the V2, but when they work together, some features will disappear on the Deco app because V2 does not support these features now. 
It's suggested to configure the V1 as the main Deco, if the slave Deco is also the V1 and its source Deco is V1, you can see more information on the Deco app.
Here is the instruction to change the main Deco.
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/

APP's version has no relation to do with the Deco's firmware, change the main Deco won't update the app's version.

Options
2020-05-16 15:27:03

@TP-Link_Deco 

Any expectations for V2 to get updated?

It kinda sucks buying new additions to my network, at high costs, just to lose features...

Options
2020-05-19 12:37:17

@MeshMe 

For now, there is no ETA about when the new firmware will be available, as you know, it is a long journey to launch a new firmware cause lots of tests need to be done to ensure its performance. 

It is very suggested to keep an eye on the official website and wait for the updates. 

Good day. 

Options