Windows 10 PC does not show ssid/shows hidden network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-01 09:25:08 - last edited 2020-05-01 11:44:17
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Latest

Hey guys. I just purchased a tp link ax50 replacing my old apple airport.

the device connects to everything except my PC which runs win 10 pro.

the ssid does not show, however it shows a "hidden network" which even if I enter my ssid etc it says cannot connect. I moved the pc next to the router however that does not help either. I also created a 2.4ghz guest network, this too does not show.

i reinastalled the pc and I still have the same problem. 
my mobo is asrock fatality ab350 with built in wifi - intel lan dual band ac3168

i tried a linux mint live cd and it could find my ssid, and showed a strength of "50", if that helps.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Windows 10 PC does not show ssid/shows hidden network-Solution
2020-05-01 11:44:07 - last edited 2020-05-01 11:44:32

@Mu-mimo 

I solved the problem . I will leave this post to assist others

from intels website

"

Depending on the Wi-Fi driver version used, Intel® Wireless Adapters supporting 802.11ac may not show Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) networks in their scan lists, and as a result, might not be able to connect to Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) capable wireless routers and access points, even at 802.11ac speeds.

Intel recommends using the latest driver version  for your Intel® Wireless Adapter since issues get resolved and new functionality gets added to newer driver versions.

Intel has included a fix for this particular issue in the following Wi-Fi driver versions:"

once you download and install the network shows up.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Windows 10 PC does not show ssid/shows hidden network-Solution
2020-05-01 11:44:07 - last edited 2020-05-01 11:44:32

@Mu-mimo 

I solved the problem . I will leave this post to assist others

from intels website

"

Depending on the Wi-Fi driver version used, Intel® Wireless Adapters supporting 802.11ac may not show Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) networks in their scan lists, and as a result, might not be able to connect to Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) capable wireless routers and access points, even at 802.11ac speeds.

Intel recommends using the latest driver version  for your Intel® Wireless Adapter since issues get resolved and new functionality gets added to newer driver versions.

Intel has included a fix for this particular issue in the following Wi-Fi driver versions:"

once you download and install the network shows up.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2015

Replies: 1