A unwanted SSID "Hidden Network" shows in windows laptop..

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-01 12:11:26 - last edited 2020-11-02 03:36:41
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.6 Build 20200902

On my Windows 10 Home laptop, I see a Wi-Fi network called "Hidden Network". The Windows 10 Pro forum hinted that my network administrator might have set up a hidden network, but I am the administrator, and I have not set up any hidden networks.

Also as stated by others this "Hidden Network" does not appear in the list of any other WiFi-capable devices, android phones which I used to scan for available WiFi networks.

if I going to connect this unwanted hidden network, it wants the SSID and password .... Then I gave the same SSID which I used to connect the WiFi and the password of my WiFi. It connects and names it as same my real SSID and gave number after it, like [SSID] 2...  and then if I go to reconnect to hidden network it set [SSID] 3.

I already tried to factory reset and set up as fresh but nothing happens... I also forget all networks and also delete all profiles under the network list of the registry editor.. but the hidden network is still there in the WiFi list...

How to remove this "Hidden Network" permanently?

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:A unwanted SSID "Hidden Network" shows in windows laptop..-Solution
2020-11-02 03:36:36 - last edited 2020-11-02 03:36:41

@Rudraneel 

Hello, thanks for asking.

The hidden wireless network is used to build up the mesh wireless network system, which we call it Onemesh. For more details, please refer to the below article, which will help answer it:
https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/stories/detail/728

The good news is that we already have the plan to add an Onemesh on/off switch on the new firmware, which will allow you to turn it off manually. This will take some time, however, we hope you could wait patiently.

Thanks a lot.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-07-27 10:03:59 - last edited 2021-07-27 10:04:06

Hello @Rudraneel and anyone who wants to disable the Onemesh hidden network on the TP-Link router, please refer to this thread we've updated to find a solution:

[Solution] Disable Onemesh Hidden network

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
2020-11-02 03:36:36 - last edited 2020-11-02 03:36:41

@Rudraneel 

Hello, thanks for asking.

The hidden wireless network is used to build up the mesh wireless network system, which we call it Onemesh. For more details, please refer to the below article, which will help answer it:
https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/stories/detail/728

The good news is that we already have the plan to add an Onemesh on/off switch on the new firmware, which will allow you to turn it off manually. This will take some time, however, we hope you could wait patiently.

Thanks a lot.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-07-27 10:03:59 - last edited 2021-07-27 10:04:06

Hello @Rudraneel and anyone who wants to disable the Onemesh hidden network on the TP-Link router, please refer to this thread we've updated to find a solution:

[Solution] Disable Onemesh Hidden network

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1539

Replies: 2

Related Articles