Found Archer C7 v5 or Archer A7 v5 is emitting hidden network? Read it to get more details.

With wifi analyzer, we can find that Archer A7 v5 / Archer C7 v5 (both with latest firmware) has 2 SSIDs on each band. 

Actually, one of them is the normal SSID, which can be detected and connected by the wireless devices; 

The other is the hidden SSID, which is used to build up the one mesh wireless network system. It cannot be detected by the common wireless devices. 

See picture attached below: 

There is another picture reported by end-user.

Like the existing Deco mesh package products, the specific hidden network with high-intensity random password can guarantee the security of the network.

So please be assured of it, it is used to build up the one mesh network. Not a bug.

For more information about OneMesh, please read this article: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/stories/detail/716

Comment

Hallo, 

ich spreche nur deutsch !

Ich habe jetzt neu einen TP-LINK Archer c7 - V5 erworben.

Wie kann ich an eine ausführliche deutschsprachige Bedienungsanleitung kommen ?

Erbitte höflichst um Hilfe 

meine emailadresse lautet :

josef.clemens@gmx.net

Bitte dorthin ihre Antwort senden,

Vielen herzlichen Dank

Josef- Siegfried Clemens

Thank you for sharing this information. Because the equipment and its application to my gallery is very effective

Does this apply to TP-Link Archer A6 as well? Firmware: Archer A6(US)_V2_190923

Wifi Analyzer is also showing 2 Hidden SSIDs 1 each for 2.4GHz and 5Ghz band. @Kevin_Z 

This is a very useful thing in the house. Especially when a lot of people use the internet access point. By the way, there is a good article https://celltrackingapps.com/yahoo-password-hack/ about how to crack an email password.

That another ssid is interfering and causing issues with 2.5ghz especiallywhen there's a bluetooth device around!

Over the last 12 or so hours, I've done some reading in this forum and in general about WiFi connections, hardware, interference, and some other aspects to be considered. 

Here's what I've found:

• Router:  Creating and managing the SSID (network identifier) takes router CPU threads / cycles.  Creating additional SSIDs will take more threads and cycles on the CPU.
  • Router:  Transmitting SSIDs takes bandwidth on the transmission processing hardware and antennas.  Unless the product was specifically designed with dedicated hardware for this function, it will take resources from other functions such as MIMO (Multiple-Input Multiple-Output) and other processes that require these hardware resources.
  • Client:  The client WiFi receiver (built-in, card, external) must read all network packet headers to filter the data for the specific (connected) WiFi network.  When in an environment where there are many signals on the same channel(s), this can and will affect the performance of the client hardware, especially if it is underpowered / older / cheap hardware.
  • Client:  If there are multiple transmitted signals (WiFi or otherwise) within the same frequency range, signal attenuation can occur causing degradation in connection strength and quality.
  • Router:  (specific to this OneMesh signal) - The Archer A7 and C7 create the hidden SSIDs on the same channel and with the same strength as the named SSIDs.  If you change the channel and / or frequency range of the named SSIDs, the hidden SSIDs also change to those exact values.

There was also some articles on phase variance within a given frequency range, but I don't know enough about phase variance and shifting with regard to radio frequencies to really get into that (yet).  However, what I do know about phase shifting in audio frequencies is that it can really distort the signal, so I can only assume the same is probably true regarding radio frequencies.

Given this information, I'd like to point out that the response I've been seeing from the official TP-Link representatives in many threads that the hidden network signal for the OneMesh feature "does not affect the quality of your WiFi connection" (paraphrasing) is most likely false.  If the OneMesh hidden SSIDs used dedicated hardware components (internal processing and antennas), it might be mostly true, but even then it will take from the CPU cycles and threads, so there's still an impact.  If the function / feature is not used by the customer, then these resources are being allocated, wasted, and are most likely interfering with main WiFi signal quality by adding to congestion.

To the TP-Link techs / reps on this forum:  Please stop posting responses like "it's a feature, not a bug" or "it will not impact the quality of your connection / experience".  If the memo has already gone out to change the first level response to this issue, then that's great, otherwise, please consider spreading the word so you can stop misleading customers on this topic.  Thanks!

- glen

And today I installed the new firmware and the option to disable the OneMesh feature appeared.  Nice!

- glen

I have vr2100 and i can not disable Onemesh Hidden network.. When tp-link will relase new firmware in order to disable this hidden network?. Also there will be users using onemesh with ethernet backhaul (all mesh devices connected to router as AP) so Tp-link should also provide only disable the hidden network. I just can not understand why tp-link is trying to make people regret buying tp-link products while Asus giving you all adjustments like changing snr margins etc. 

Thank you

Hello, World ! Wi-Fi

Ace Starlit project you are getting completely greenery, in this you will get greenery sculptures in the garden for you to see which further enhances the beauty.  http://www.acestarslit.com/

upload
    upload
      Subscriptions