Deco M9 Plus no LED light and no powerafter changing powerlines

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-08 04:15:51
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Not sure

After using M3 tape to stick M9 Deco Plus to wall( after 3 months) and it fell ( distance is 10cm to ground). Picked up the Deco M9 Plus, see no LED light appearing even with power cord on. After that changed power cord and still see no LED light appearing.please advise.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Plus no LED light and no powerafter changing powerlines
2021-11-09 19:04:47

@xaviercey I have the same issue that no light appears, although it did not even fall. I just came back home and no light on the Deco. Checked app, it's disconnected. So weird. Thinking of trying reset. Anything worked for you?

Options
2021-11-10 06:11:55 - last edited 2021-11-10 06:14:00

@HarisNini 

Hi, I see the Deco M9 plus is online from the cloud server.

So were you trying to say, even though there is no light lit up on M9 plus and APP said Deco is disconnected, the internet service is working fine?

Have you enabled the LED control on the Deco before: under Deco APP>More>Advanced>LED control.

Can I have a picture of the LED status on the Deco, and a screenshot of the Deco status on APP?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-11-10 12:22:18

@TP-Link i have 4 decos around the house all connected to Ethernet cable. 3 of them are doing fine, the fourth one is not (it was until yesterday). When I came home yesterday, there is no led light on the fourth one and after trying at a different location still no light / power.

Options
2021-11-11 07:57:39

@HarisNini 

Hi, thank you for getting back to me.

In this way, I am afraid this unit might be broken and needs to be replaced.

It is suggested to contact the local shop retailer to ask for warranty service.

Options
2021-11-12 19:52:57

@TP-Link Hello, so I just changed the power adapter to that of the other deco, and it is working. So it's only the power adapter which is the issue. I bought the product in Canada and am in Pakistan right now, so what is the best possible way to get a replacement adapter?

Options
2022-03-16 13:00:23

@TP-Link Hello, I can't reach the technical support at TP-Link. I checked with local retailer (BestBuy Canada) and the warranty is valid for two years - so for replacement, I need to contact TP-Link. Please guide on how to send the power-adapter in for replacement?

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 3324

Replies: 6

Related Articles