Deco M4 shows red light after setup network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-09 03:08:58 - last edited 2020-10-15 02:17:23
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I am currently trying to setup my main Deco M4 to a modem following the guideline in the app but i always stuck at connecting the internet. I tried use different Deco unit also tried with both IOS and Android app. Both also will cause Deco light switch to red after creating new network. And i am very sure that my modem is ok as switching back to maxis router works perfectly. I also did change primary dns to 8.8.8.8. Also not working

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Deco M4 shows red light after setup network-Solution
2020-10-15 02:16:57 - last edited 2020-10-15 02:17:23

@Polar_Bear 

Hello,

Sorry to hear that you have some difficulties in setting up the Deco M4. We can do further troubleshooting and try to fix it. 

1. What is the current network topology/diagram?

2. With your computer connected to the Huawei ONU or the Netis router directly, please check whether you can access the internet and the IP address obtained. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/

3. Try to power cycle the Huawei ONU/Netis router and the Deco M4 to give it a go.

Besides, here is troubleshooting guidance you can refer to:

Fail to setup main Deco

May it help~

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-10-17 12:47:10 - last edited 2020-10-19 01:08:36

@TP-Link_Deco 

it's solved now, thanks.

here's the details: 

Unifi Huawei GPON-> Deco M4 main

1) before posting the questions to TP-Link community, I have verified my username and password with TM Unifi.

2) I have followed all the setup procedures and troubleshooting steps as recommended

3) today I have verified the username and password with TM Unifi again for 2nd time and I have also mentioned that I wanted to connect with mesh WiFi and they advise me to call TP-Link if there is any issue since they confirmed that my username and password was correct.

4) after failed to get internet connection, I called TP-Link hotline. The friendly technical support advised to check the IP address after connection and confirmed that if I am getting a 172.xxx.xxx.xxx it was most probably due to incorrect username and password. So she advised me to get TM to reset the password.

5) called TM again, straight away request to reset the password and generate me a new one. So after getting the new password, finally it works.

thanks to TP-Link hotline technical support team again👍 

Still not sure why it does not work with my original password. I did verify by re-enter again to the original router and it worked actually. 😅

Unifi Huawei GPON-> Netis Router 

and actually it does not explain that why I could not get a successful connection with Dynamic IP mode.

Unifi Huawei GPON-> Netis Router ->Deco M4 main

Recommended Solution
Options
9 Reply
Re:Deco M4 shows red light after setup network
2020-10-14 18:40:27

@TK33 

I am having exactly same problem no matter directly connect to the Huawei ONU with PPPoE setup or Connect to Netis router with DynamicIP setup. Deco M4 shows Static red light after setup. Both Huawei ONU or Netis modem are new and internet connection is working as normal. How do you solve finally ?

Options
2020-10-15 02:16:57 - last edited 2020-10-15 02:17:23

@Polar_Bear 

Hello,

Sorry to hear that you have some difficulties in setting up the Deco M4. We can do further troubleshooting and try to fix it. 

1. What is the current network topology/diagram?

2. With your computer connected to the Huawei ONU or the Netis router directly, please check whether you can access the internet and the IP address obtained. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/

3. Try to power cycle the Huawei ONU/Netis router and the Deco M4 to give it a go.

Besides, here is troubleshooting guidance you can refer to:

Fail to setup main Deco

May it help~

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-10-17 12:47:10 - last edited 2020-10-19 01:08:36

@TP-Link_Deco 

it's solved now, thanks.

here's the details: 

Unifi Huawei GPON-> Deco M4 main

1) before posting the questions to TP-Link community, I have verified my username and password with TM Unifi.

2) I have followed all the setup procedures and troubleshooting steps as recommended

3) today I have verified the username and password with TM Unifi again for 2nd time and I have also mentioned that I wanted to connect with mesh WiFi and they advise me to call TP-Link if there is any issue since they confirmed that my username and password was correct.

4) after failed to get internet connection, I called TP-Link hotline. The friendly technical support advised to check the IP address after connection and confirmed that if I am getting a 172.xxx.xxx.xxx it was most probably due to incorrect username and password. So she advised me to get TM to reset the password.

5) called TM again, straight away request to reset the password and generate me a new one. So after getting the new password, finally it works.

thanks to TP-Link hotline technical support team again👍 

Still not sure why it does not work with my original password. I did verify by re-enter again to the original router and it worked actually. 😅

Unifi Huawei GPON-> Netis Router 

and actually it does not explain that why I could not get a successful connection with Dynamic IP mode.

Unifi Huawei GPON-> Netis Router ->Deco M4 main

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-10-19 01:08:30

@Polar_Bear 

Hi, glad to hear that the issue was resolved, please enjoy the internet and let us know if you have any further inquiries. Good day~

Options
2020-11-20 09:19:59

@TK33 

I had the same issue. Changing the DNS didn't work for me.

I got mine working by enabling IPTV/VLAN setting in Deco app.

Options
2020-11-20 16:00:10

@Polar_Bear 

simple. Just call TM UNIFI to reset the password.

key in the Nee password once you get it.

Options
2022-01-04 09:05:25

@Polar_Bear 

What connection type are you using? The Dynamic IP? Or the PPoE? PPoE type is asking for the Username and Password of the wifi of the router right? If yes, then is that password are you talking about to be needed to reset? 

Options
2022-01-14 03:40:13
It's the password provided by TM for the Unifi, and yea, that's the one you entered under the PPPoE username and password. But I'd suggest to make it the last resort, after you exhausted all possible solutions.
Options
2022-01-14 03:40:14
It's the password provided by TM for the Unifi, and yea, that's the one you entered under the PPPoE username and password. But I'd suggest to make it the last resort, after you exhausted all possible solutions.
Options

Information

Helpful: 8

Views: 16789

Replies: 9

Related Articles