Zoom and Facebook live

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Zoom and Facebook live

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Zoom and Facebook live
Zoom and Facebook live
2020-05-09 17:17:03 - last edited 2021-07-14 03:32:08

Hi,

I would like to know what does Deco M5 classify Zoom meeting and Facebook live traffic in QoS, "Chatting", "Surfing" or "Streaming", it's important to me as I wanted to put them as first priority.

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Zoom and Facebook live-Solution
2021-02-02 12:31:20 - last edited 2021-07-14 03:32:08

@Kopfschmerzen 

On Zoom the Account settings are on the web portal not on the app. I usually get there by logging into the Zoom app on a computer, then clicking the gear icon for settings, then clicking 'more settings' which is where you can see the 'In meeting (advanced)' section. However, the DSCP switch I was referring to - see attached image - has now disappeared so I can only assume that they've decided to switch it on by default as everything seems to still be working well.

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:Zoom and Facebook live
2020-05-10 12:37:10

@heidarren 

I don't know the answer to your question, but what I do know is that in my situation, when I set priority to my NAS, it only messed things up!

Better let the system decide what to do when!

Options
2020-06-01 06:42:12

@TP_LINK , can you please let us know what the QOS settins should be if you would want to prioritize Zoom or Facebook live.. is it Streaming, surfing or chatting..

thx,

Leon.

Options
2020-12-05 22:04:06

@heidarren we have had success prioritising 'Chatting' as well as setting the laptop (MacBook Pro) as a high priority device.

Also note that in the Account settings on the web 'more settings' portal on Zoom there is a DSCP switch in the 'In meeting (advanced)' section. This needs to be switched ON at default settings in order to mark the data packets so that QoS can recognise them and work properly.

Hope this helps.

Options
2021-02-02 11:01:57

@TDS1 Can't see that option in an iPhone Zoom app. 

Options
2021-02-02 11:55:36

@Kopfschmerzen 

Hi, the Qos settings for chatting and setting up high priority for a specific device are all on the Deco APP;

Options
Re:Zoom and Facebook live-Solution
2021-02-02 12:31:20 - last edited 2021-07-14 03:32:08

@Kopfschmerzen 

On Zoom the Account settings are on the web portal not on the app. I usually get there by logging into the Zoom app on a computer, then clicking the gear icon for settings, then clicking 'more settings' which is where you can see the 'In meeting (advanced)' section. However, the DSCP switch I was referring to - see attached image - has now disappeared so I can only assume that they've decided to switch it on by default as everything seems to still be working well.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-07-13 19:48:19

@TDS1 Thumbs-up for TDS1.  

Everyone please see "Using QoS DSCP Marking" at Zoom Help Center.  :)  

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/207368756-Using-QoS-DSCP-Marking

Options
2021-07-13 20:41:24 - last edited 2021-07-13 20:47:16

@heidarren Thumbs-up to heidarren.  I like to ask TP-Link the same question below.   

I am running latest FW on Archer A20 HW.  Which QoS application shall I prioritize for Zoom?  

TP-Link FW/HW engineers and router users (network admin) please see 2 Zoom documents below:  

1. Zoom Connection Process Whitewater at:  https://zoom.us/docs/doc/Zoom%20Connection%20Process%20Whitepaper.pdf
  2. Using QoS DSCP Marking at Zoom Help Center:  https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/207368756-Using-QoS-DSCP-Marking

• Case 1:  Zoom uses HTTPS to find a Multimedia Router (MMR), and connect via UDP 8801, TCP 8801, or SSL 443. 
    • Case 1 supports QoS DSCP Marking to optimize media routing.  
    • Question 1a.  Will TP-Link QoS classify Case 1 upstream traffics as Chatting, Streaming, or Surfing?  
    • Question 1b.  Will TP-Link QoS classify Case 1 downstream traffics as Chatting, Streaming, or Downloading?  

• Case 2:  If Zoom cannot find MMR (i.e. Zoom Zone overloaded), it will fall back to HTTP Tunnel (HT) on SSL 443.
    • Case 2 does not support DSCP, but network admin can add it.  
    • Question 2a.  Will TP-Link QoS classify Case 2 upstream traffics as Chatting, Streaming, or Surfing?  
    • Question 2b.  Will TP-Link QoS classify Case 2 downstream traffics as Chatting, Streaming, or Downloading?  

Thank you TP-Link support team for your time and kind answers in advance. d4daniel    

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1598

Replies: 8