Deco M5 fine for internet, slow with Synology NAS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-11 21:08:05
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I've got a challenge with my Deco M5 network.

1. Downstairs Deco is physically connected to the cablemodem, and a Synology NAS.

2. Upstairs Deco is physically connected to a VOIP phone adapter, and my office computer connects by Wifi to this Upstairs Deco.

From the office computer, when I try to sync files to my Synology NAS, the files move extremely slowly.  Right now they're transferring at 239 KB/s.  Occasionally files will sync at 10 MB/s, which is as fast as the Synology is able to do.  But the rest of the time they move at 239 KB/s.  For some reason, it's almost always 239 KB/s.

While the internal transfer to the NAS is pitifully slow, I can run a Speed Test from the office computer, and it'll show full speed from my cable internet (30Mb down, 5Mb up).  My home internet's not fast, but it's leagues ahead of the internal transfer to the Synology.  What could be causing these slow NAS transfer speeds?

Options
8 Reply
Re:Deco M5 fine for internet, slow with Synology NAS
2021-04-12 19:44:21

@M---  I have same problem too. 
Deco M4 mesh +(LAN)+ Synology DS220j 

If laptop connected via wifi i have 40Mb/s
If laptop connected via LAN i have 100Mb/s

Hey support guys please explain!

Options
2021-04-12 20:11:00

@Yevhen  I resolved my issue with their Deco app.  There was congestion on the wifi channel that the system was using.  In "router settings," go to "network optimization."

Beware the "deco lab" option; the network wizard made it worse for me.

Options
2021-04-12 20:42:27

@M--- I can not find this option in deco App. Can you do couple screenshots ? 

Options
2021-04-12 20:55:39
Options
2021-04-12 20:57:58

I not have this option

@M--- 

Options
2021-04-12 21:16:21

@Yevhen I'm using version 2.6.2 on both my Android phone and tablet (the phone and tablet both have the same options).

Options
2021-04-13 06:06:54

@Yevhen 

Hi, the latest firmware on the Deco M4 1.4.3 is not supported network optimization yet and it would be added in the further firmware release;

As for the slow wireless access speed on the laptop, is the laptop connected to the same Deco network as the NAS server?

Most of the time, due to the wireless interference, the wired connection would be a little bit better than the wireless connection;

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-04-13 09:49:33 - last edited 2021-04-13 10:43:58

@TP-Link yes if laptop canned to same deco (wifi) i get 40 mb/s

If I connect my laptop via Lan i get 100.

1. Probably 5ghz use my neighbors. 

2. As well my deco routers create some hidden network (same said, and signal) why?
    Why I need a hidden network, if routers connected with Ethernet cable directly ? 
     How i can disable it ?

3. How i can change wifi channel manualy, because you intelligent firmware always choose worstest one? Take a look lasted screenshot. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1981

Replies: 8

Related Articles