Tp link Ac1200 power light goes off and nothing happens

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-14 16:45:37
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: V2.1

So my Archer C1200 randomly stopped working. The wifi signal shows up on mobile, laptop etc. But there's no lights on the router.

When restarted, the power light comes up for about 5-10seconds and then goes off.

After that nothing happens. My phone says IP configuration failure.

Tried connecting with ethernet, even that was not able to connect to the router. Haven't touched the firmware updation mechanism or anything.

There's no light whatsoever. It's just been a year since I bought it.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Tp link Ac1200 power light goes off and nothing happens
2020-11-18 07:13:35

@Himan did you happen to fix this problem? I have the same issue. 

Options
2020-11-19 23:37:51

@Chandhu I have been having this problem intermittently as well. Most of the time a power cycle or using the small reset button in the back you have to get with a paperclip, usually works. It's not this time and I'm looking for a solution also. 

Options
2020-11-20 02:13:02

@jollyshroom    @Chandhu 

Hello, thanks for asking.

Do you still use the original power adapter? Was there any power cut or bad weather or firmware upgrading before it behaves abnormally? 

Try to hard reset it by holding the reset button or hole for 10s, then confirm if there is any light showing up.

Are you able to access its web UI from a browser? What is the hardware and firmware version?

When and where did you buy this also? If nothing can make it power on correctly, you may need to contact the local tech support to check the warranty cause the device seems faulty:
https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Have a nice day. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-10-16 07:14:36

@Himan Exactly the same problem.

Options
2022-01-12 14:46:13

@Himan 

I'm also facing the same issue with AC 1200, the power light gets on and within few seconds the power light goes off. And this issue happens all of a sudden when inetrnet was working properly and router was also working.

I have been using orginal adapter which was been provided with the router. Looking all the above complaints it seems that it is some in-built problem with this Model.

Tp-link should start looking into this issue and should not send the send the same response to check that the adpater is used is original or not. As this issue happens after the warranty period is over, so we do not have any other solution rather than to purchase a new router. And definitely we will not go again for Tp-link.

Options
2022-01-12 16:44:58

Update: Resetting the router fixed the issue for me. I was using the original adapter, but there used to be power cuts at times.

I have moved on from this model now.

Options