AU - Phone not working when connected to VDSL splitter filter - Optus NBN FTTN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-16 01:46:17
Model: Archer VR900  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 0.2.0 0.9.1 v0069.0 Build 170303 Rel.59897n

Hi All,

I have an Optus NBN FTTN connection and am replacing the standard issue Optus SageCom modem router with a new Archer VR900.

On the old Optus Sagecom modem/router, as seemingly with all standard ones issued by Optus or Telstra, there is a green phone port. So the phone cable goes straight from the wall to the modem/router, and then you would connect your land line phone into the green phone port on the unit. All works - all good.

Obviosuly, the VR900 does not have a (green - or any other colour!) phone port. Instead, per the instructions, the advice is to use the provide VDSL2 splitter filter ie connect from the wall to the splitter filter, and then from the plitter/filter go direct to the phone, and the VR900.

I have done this, configured the VR900, and internet connect through Optus NBN and WIFI is all great!

However, I get no dial tone on my landline phone handset...

Any ideas??

Thanks...

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 720

Replies: 0