Archer c6 bad WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer c6 bad WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer c6 bad WiFi
Archer c6 bad WiFi
2020-05-16 12:21:10 - last edited 2020-05-22 15:37:59
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

I bought this router not long ago and it was working fine the first few days but suddenly WiFi has dropped to under 1 Mbps upload and some devices further away can't connect at all.

Edit: After some more testing it seems the WiFi is mostly working fine, it's just odd that some devices further away are no longer connected. The 1 Mbps upload seem to only happen on android devices when testing the internet speed in browsers. (Does anyone know why this happens? It's very misleading.) The Speedtest app actually shows the speed it should have as long as it's not located too far away. I'm gonna run a few more tests but I was mostly just shocked by the weird upload readings.

After another week or so? It seems WiFi drops sometimes which is really annoying. Also the browser internet speeds seem to be able to get higher now... no clue what that's about. I'm probably gonna return this device and get something more stable.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer c6 bad WiFi
2020-05-16 18:06:51
I have the same problem since I upgraded to v1.3.0. I haven't found any solutions yet.
Options
2020-05-23 18:59:38
I have also the same issue.... my 2.4 ghz since the update drops to ridiculous speeds ( less than 1 MBps) from time to time or no connection at all! I read somewhere that is is major issue on this update and seems that there is a beta version of 1.3.1 somewhere ....
Options
2020-05-23 20:39:07

@Hollander 

There are options under Wireless settings, attempt one at a time and observe which resolve the issue:

• Review the Mode setting: n only, g/n mixed, b/g/n mixed (set to one and see how it goes)
  • Review the Transmit Power: low / med / high (high setting isn't always optimal)
  • Another option is to separate the SSIDs completely, where 2.4GHz on one SSID and 5GHz on another (with different password)

Transmit Power setting to high, the router draws more power and produces more heat and possibly causes more instability. Please do perform trial/error and update the status here for the community.

Options
2020-05-23 20:39:40

@Marquez85 

There are options under Wireless settings, attempt one at a time and observe which resolve the issue:

• Review the Mode setting: n only, g/n mixed, b/g/n mixed (set to one and see how it goes)
  • Review the Transmit Power: low / med / high (high setting isn't always optimal)
  • Another option is to separate the SSIDs completely, where 2.4GHz on one SSID and 5GHz on another (with different password)

Transmit Power setting to high, the router draws more power and produces more heat and possibly causes more instability. Please do perform trial/error and update the status here for the community.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1100

Replies: 5

Related Articles