Connection issues moving from room to room

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-18 13:48:08
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

i set up my new Deco a few weeks ago & am pleased to finally ahve Wifi all over the house including the garage. However, when i move from room to room, i have issues with my Iphone. It still says it is connected but internet apps don't work. If i turn off the Wifi and then turn it back on again it all works fine. How can i stop having to do this every time I move from one of the Deco units to another one? Thanks

Options
4 Reply
Re:Connection issues moving from room to room
2020-05-20 11:55:12

@NeilD 

May I know your network diagram?
When you move from one Deco to the other one, is the Wi-Fi signal strength on your phone still strong?
Do all of your clients have this problem?

Options
2020-05-21 13:07:26

@TP-Link_Deco 

I thought this was supposed to be easy set up? Networks diagram?? 
im not technical 

I have a router (BT homehub) it is connected via Ethernet cable to the main p9. I then have another P9 in bedroom and one in garage. Whenever I move out of range from one unit to another, it doesn't work unless I switch off WiFi and turn back on. The WiFi signal still is strong and I know each unit is working as I have other devices connected to them...

Options
2020-05-21 16:45:47

@NeilD in the app under advanced try enabling fast roaming 

Options
2021-10-18 02:15:07

@NeilD 

I have the same issue. Deco x20 AC1800. 3 nodes. All hardwired with Cat 5e cable. When I move rooms WiFi seems to freeze. I already have the Fast Roaming enabled. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1293

Replies: 4

Related Articles