X60 unstable after "database security update"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

X60 unstable after "database security update"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:X60 unstable after "database security update"
2020-06-14 13:34:18 - last edited 2020-06-14 14:01:35

@imikem @TP-Link_Deco 

Have you tried the beta firmware yet? Has anyone following this thread tried it? Any benefits or just stability improvements for Surface Pro?

TP-link - I have a Surface Book 2, would I benefit from this firmware?

Thanks for any info.

Options
2020-06-15 12:11:11

@Jets No I haven't.  I don't own a Surface Pro, which this beta firmware is specifically aimed at.  I ended up disabling all three of the Antivirus features instead, and that has stabilized my network.  I just wanted to share the knowledge on the forum, until they publish as a full release.  Unstable wifi during a pandemic when many are forced to live life from home is bordering on disastrous. 

Options
2020-06-17 09:14:58

@Jets 

The surface pro laptop may cause the Deco reboot automatically, so we release a beta firmware to solve the problem. If you Deco network is stable, there is no need to use the beta firmware.

Options
2020-06-22 20:09:48

I upgraded to the latest release firmware of 1.2.4 Build 20200527 Rel. 42769 and IT'S WORSE NOW!  My X60 units have rebooted 3 times today.  I do NOT have any Surface Pros.  There is something systematically wrong with this hardware.

IPTV/VLAN- Disabled

MAC Clone - Disabled

TP-LINK DDNS - Disabled

SIP ALG - Disabled

Fast Roaming - Disabled

Operating Mode - Router

Malicious Content Filter - Off

Intrusion Prevention System - Off

Infected Device Quarantine - Off

Options
Related Articles