DECO M4/E4 can't reach HP printer wireless

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-18 22:51:50
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.8

Hi all,

I've have a modem/router (its wifi is off) and these DECO sat as ACCESS POINT:

- M4 as primary connected with cable

- M4 connected with cable

- M4 connected with mesh

- E4 connected with mesh

- E4 connected with mesh

PROBLEMS:
1 => I've 2 HP printers (differen floors) connected with wifi to mesh network, but very often I can not print: They are connected to the mesh wifi (ip is correct), I can reach them with a PING command, but they often result as disconnected. I have to power off the printer and power on: in this case the printer results available and it starts printing... after some time, it becomes unavailable again.

2 => if I type in a browser 192.168.1.1 I can not reach the log-in page of the modem-router while I'm on the mesh network, even if I can reach it with a ping test. I reach the login page if I connect the PC with a cable to the modem/router

thanks in advance for your help

Options
12 Reply
Re:DECO M4/E4 can't reach HP printer wireless
2020-05-21 11:07:01

@Stixy 

1. Have you configured a static IP address on the printers? Are they connected to the 2.4G or the 5G Wi-Fi? Whether other devices connected to Deco are working fine?
2. When your device connected to the Deco and can't access 192.168.1.1, do you have the internet on the device?
Have you tried to change the browser, clear caches on the device?

Options
2020-05-22 07:33:02

@Stixy turn off fast roaming IEEE 802.11r. and check again if your printer are recognised now.

Options
2020-05-22 10:36:52

@Alaniaris21 my configuration is just this:

FAST ROAMING is OFF

BEANFORMING in ON

OPERATION MODE in as Access Point

Options
2020-05-22 10:45:09
1. Have you configured a static IP address on the printers? => YES Are they connected to the 2.4G or the 5G Wi-Fi? => 2,4G Whether other devices connected to Deco are working fine? => YES, I HAVE ONLY PROBLEMS WITH BOTH HP WIRELESS PRINTERS 2. When your device connected to the Deco and can't access 192.168.1.1, do you have the internet on the device? => YES I HAVE INTERNET CONNECTION => I restarted everything (modem/router, all DCOs, both printers, ecc... . Now I can reach 192.168.1.1, printers are connected and I can reach thme, but again after some times (it could be hours or 1 day) I can NOT reach printer. I have to turn off and on the printer to start the printing-process. Have you tried to change the browser, clear caches on the device? => IT DOES NOT CARE Thanks for your help
Options
2020-05-26 12:12:48

@Stixy 

When the problem happens, the devices connected to the Deco still can ping the printer's IP address successfully, which means the connection between the device and the printer is no problem, and the Deco network should be fine.

Would you please try to contact your printer support to check if they need to configure any special settings on the Deco/printer to remain the stable connection to print?

Options
2020-05-28 14:44:41

@TP-Link_Deco 

yes, I can ping printers and even 192.168.1.1, but I can not sometimes reach the printers and the modem since I'm using DECO network. Unless I used the wifi network of the modem/router everything was fine... that means the printers work fine and it should be a problem under DECO network....

Options
2020-05-29 09:55:26

@Stixy 

You can refer to the link below to change some settings on the computer for your printer to have a check. Generally, if the laptop can ping the printer when you can't print, which means the Deco doesn't block the connection between the laptop and the printer.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/671/

Options
2020-07-06 09:47:37

@Stixy At the moment, it seems to be solved using "direct print" option on printers. I even reserved a specific IP in the router's configuration (the same IP set on the printers 192.168.1.251 and 192.168.1.252).

Options
2020-11-10 15:09:17

@I am having similar issues with my HP printer. I added a Linksys wireless bridge to my network to make it work, assigned a static IP. And the printer won't connect to the Deco network in AP mode. Everything works perfectly when the Linksys bridge is added. 

Options
2020-11-10 15:32:57
Further information: Same SSID and password Everything is isolated on 2.4 GHz band Turned IPv6 off on printer Printer only connects wirelessly or thru USB When attempting to setup printer initially, setup failed at obtaining IP address. Printer will not connect to Deco network in AP mode
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 9056

Replies: 12