Main Deco with red light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Main Deco with red light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Main Deco with red light
Main Deco with red light
2020-05-19 16:04:36
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

After some days with a very good signal sometimes duriuthe day the red light on the main Deco turns on and lost the signal, it seems like it's not very stable as from time to time the light changes to red (and disconnected from internet).  What should I do when the light is red?  What can I do to improve the stability?

please write easily because I am Italian ;(

Options
1 Reply
Re:Main Deco with red light
2020-05-21 11:13:07

@Checca 

When the Deco has a red light, please disconnect the Deco and the front modem, connect a PC to the front modem directly, do you have the internet on your PC?
If no internet access, it may be that the front modem does not provide a stable connection to the Deco thus Deco shows a red light, you can try to reboot the modem in this case.
If the modem is working fine, you can try to reboot the main Deco and check if the internet will recover. And you can try to use another Deco to be the main Deco.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/

Options