Cannot connect Mitsubishi MAC-557IF to Deco M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-20 22:25:09
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.4

Hello,

I have Mitsubishi Electric air condititioning with MAC-557IF wifi interface and 2x Deco M5.

The only way to connect this interface is through WPS.

I trying to accomplish that, I am doing step by step instructions and still I cannot connect to deco. On previous router I could do that.

I tried enabling/disabling: SIP Alg, beamforming, UPNP and fast roaming. And nothing helped.

I also tried turning off 5GHz. 

I wonder what settings in deco should I check?

As per instruction below I can see that it is rather supported by Deco M5, right? (AES/PSK).

Options
3 Reply
Re:Cannot connect Mitsubishi MAC-557IF to Deco M5
2020-05-22 11:28:06

@Aleksander 

According to the instruction of the air conditioning, it's supported by Deco M5. 
Can your other devices work fine with the Deco M5? If so, it's suggested to contact the air conditioning support to check if they have any special requirements for the wireless networks.

Options
2020-07-23 07:50:07

I have similar issue.

My Mitsubishi MAC-567IFB-E won't connect to Deco M5 not with WPS (flashes ERR light for failure) and not with SSID information either.

Worked with previous wifi setup just fine. Is there something TP-Link should be doing about this?

Options
2020-07-23 07:55:34

@joosimol 

Hi its for sure TP Link WPS issue.

I solved my problem by using old router to roam WPS (with the same SSID/Password), then I turned it off and turned Deco on and it works.

Mitsubishi connects to Deco once it got password from my old router via WPS.

Something is not working well with WPS in Deco. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1123

Replies: 3