Cannot connect Victure cameras to new Deco mesh wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-23 13:48:55
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Does anybody have any experience of connecting a Victure camera to the Deco wifi? I've had these cameras set up for over a year on my old wifi system. Yesterday we changed to a new Deco mesh wifi (loving it so far) but I cannot get the camera to connect. You have to press the reset button until the light flashes red, then in the IPC360 app you select Smart Mode to connect wirelessly and then it makes a god-awful noise to talk to the camera. I'm prompted to enter the password for our wifi and then the noise continues. At some point it says "Camera ready" but then I get another message saying the password is incorrect. It isn't. I've done it 3 times and am 100% sure the password is correct. 

I tried disabling the 5GHz in the Deco app as the camera can only connect to 2.4GHz but that made no difference. Does anybody know how to fix this? I have 4 cameras and would hate to lose them just because they're not compatible with Deco. They are between 6 - 18 mos old.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Cannot connect Victure cameras to new Deco mesh wifi
2020-05-27 10:45:48

@SeoulGal 

In your case, you may refer to the link below to troubleshoot.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2718/

Options
2020-05-27 14:26:33

@SeoulGal 

You prolly dont want to hear this, but here goes anyway.

I have one device (thermostat controlling device) that doesnt want to connect to the Deco's.

Tried everything but to no avail.  I did some research and it turns out that this device contains a wifi chip that was soldered in by Edison himself or something. Very old and for some reason not compatible. If you ask me, just another shortcoming of the Deco's, but since it is only 1 device ( of the +30 I have connected) I'm willing to let this bug slide.

Anyway, the only solution for me was to either replace the thermostat device, or keep an old wifi accepoint around just for this device. 

On the other hand, I dont have a Victure camera, but from your wifi config description it sounds a lot like a run of the mill chinese firmware that is powering your camera. And I do have one of those.  I couldn't connect that one either. Untill, and I know it sounds weird, unitill I removed it's SD card. Then it would connect fine. Putting the card back in it and sure enough, it failed to connect again. So this proves that the error 'password not correct' which mine also said, was not it's true problem.

In your case you might want to check there is not something blocking it's way to the chinese server your authentication against. Maybe som firewall settings in the Deco? Maye change the DNS server?

Options
2020-05-30 08:43:09

@TP-Link_Deco Thanks, I already tried all of that but no luck yet.

Options
2020-05-30 08:45:49
I’m beginning to think I’ll have to give up. If Chinese servers are indeed being blocked then I’m certainly not doing anything to unblock them lol. I’m waiting to hear back from the manufacturer to see if they have any tips. If I succeed, I’ll post back. Thanks for your help.
Options
2020-06-01 10:11:50

@SeoulGal 

On the Deco, you can turn off the Antivirus and QoS feature for a try. And if there are any changes that need to be done on the Deco according to your camera's manufacturer, please for free to let me know.

Options