Cannot access On Demand service on Sky Q using Deco X60?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-23 15:12:12
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.3 Build 20200330 Rel. 41420

Hi,

I have recently upgraded from Google WIFI mesh network setup to TP-Link X60 3-pack.

My phones/tablets/computers are all good with the new network and I am getting great coverage/speed/performance from it.

But, my Sky Q satellite system is having a problem.  I have connected the Sky Q system to the network and you can check the status and it says it is connected and can see the internet.  But I cannot access any of the Sky On Demand services; Sky Cinema, Sky Store, Catchup TV etc?

I plugged my old Google WIFI back in to check and that works fine, but switching back to Deco X60's it does not work.

Any advice/guidance would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks,

Ady.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Cannot access On Demand service on Sky Q using Deco X60?
2020-09-04 02:33:29 - last edited 2020-09-04 02:33:58

@Ady1892 

Hello, sorry to respond late.

Could you please check some basic info and we will try to figure it out?
1. Ensure the Deco X60 firmware is up-to-date, which should be 1.2.5 Build 20200709. If not, update the firmware first on the Deco app.
2. Ensure the Deco app is the latest as well.
3. Please confirm the current network topology/layout, how are the three Deco X60 units connected?

4. Is the Sky Q system supporting both 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless? If they only support 2.4GHz, you may try to disable 5GHz on the Deco system and confirm again.

5. Try to connect the Sky system to the Deco X60 units with Ethernet cables and confirm is they can connect fine.

Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 749

Replies: 1