Problem of configuration ethernet ports

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-23 18:43:08
Model: TL-PA8030P KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I have installed and configurated the powerline, but it seems to be that there is some problems when I try to connect a second ethenet port.

If using only one connection everything it is ok, usign a second one, the led of the ethernet port blink continuosly, and the internet it missing.

I've tried to make some trials and testing but with no result.

There is someone who can help me ??

On the powerline nearest to the router (Tiscali Fibra), we put the fist ethernet cable on the first port, and the same in the second one after the pairing.

If I try to put a new one (example on ports two or three), the ethernet led on the router blink continously.

The connection on port 1, that before correclty working, now do not work and I should start again the procedure of pairing.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Problem of configuration ethernet ports
2020-05-25 09:35:53

@Nick1975 are you connecting two Ethernet cables between your router and the powerline device?

If so, don't. This will create a network loop and stop everything from working. Two cables is not better than one!

Options
2020-06-04 23:15:24

@dunxd 

Hello,

i have the same problem as i need to connect from the modem

1 ethernet for internet

1 ethernet for stb (ip tv)

i have 2 pieces of TL-WPA4220, can i use the same time 2 inputs and 2 outputs?

Options
2020-06-05 10:40:52

@gek you can plug both devices into ports.on a power line device.

The only thing you *must not* do is connect two ethernet cables from your router to powerline, or run an ethernet cable from one powerline device to another (or itself). It won't do any permanent damage but it will bring your network to a halt.

Options