Problems with my range extender and my internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-24 17:38:59
Model: TL-WA855RE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am having problems with my range extender.

I configured the range extender to repeat my wi-fi signal without changing the SSID, however, the range Extender´s signal is stronger than my router´s signal, then all devices connect to the range extender signal (which has a slow internet velocity)
Thus, in order to lessen this problem, I configured the range extender with another SSID, however, there was another problem: my entire internet goes down, when it is configured with this option.

I want to know if there is some reason, or some solution for this problem.

Best regards, Eloi.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Problems with my range extender and my internet connection
2020-05-28 11:46:35
Normally, regardless the number of client devices, with extender in your network will not affect the speed of your router. Extender is mostly used to extend the wifi range. "Thus, in order to lessen this problem, I configured the range extender with another SSID, however, there was another problem: my entire internet goes down, when it is configured with this option." --> All your devices are connected to your main router, but not extender?
Options
Re:Problems with my range extender and my internet connection
2020-05-28 16:50:20 - last edited 2020-05-28 16:50:41

@Kevin_Z 

No, some were connected in the Router's signal, others in the Range Extender's Signal.

I don't know if I expressed myself well; I tried to use the Range Extender in two different ways:

1 - repeating the signal, without changing the SSID

In this case, because my Range extender's signal is stronger than my Router's signal; even if the device was near to the router and far from the Range Extender, it connected to the Range extender's signal (witch has a Slower internet velocity than my router)

2 - transmitting the signal, changing the SSID

In this case, my entire internet went down; when I displugged the Range Extender, my internet went normal; and, again, when I plugged it, the internet went down.

Best Regards

Eloi

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2143

Replies: 2