AX50 - Router does not observe 5 GHz Wi-Fi channel settings after some time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AX50 - Router does not observe 5 GHz Wi-Fi channel settings after some time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
22 Reply
Re:AX50 - Router does not observe 5 GHz Wi-Fi channel settings after some time
2022-04-04 20:07:56
Hi, I've had issues with my ISP router and decided to get this same model. My previous router although gave me bad speeds it allowed me to specify my dfs band to avoid the congestion I faced in an apartment block. I think I need this beta firmware or I'll have to return the router as it's helped in one way and made my network worse in another. It keeps defaulting back to the bands that are all being used by the numerous routers in my apartment block Is the beta firmware still an option?
Options
Re:AX50 - Router does not observe 5 GHz Wi-Fi channel settings after some time
2022-04-06 10:18:30 - last edited 2022-04-06 10:19:48

@Kevin_Z 

I've been having the same problem as the others in this thread: I cannot change the 5 ghz wifi channel without it permanently reverting back to 36. All of my neighbours, aside from one, are also on channel 36, so I would like to change to a DFS channel as the performance is quite poor in some rooms. 

It may also be useful to note that I do not live nearby a radar centre or airport. 

Assuming that the only solution to this issue is the beta firmware, I would therefore very much appreciate it if you were able to send me the beta firmware as well. 

Options