Deco M9 Slaves flashing red

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-25 08:03:19
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: v1.2.11 Build 20190926 Rel. 55727

Hi,

I have a Deco M9 with 3 units. My main unit is connected to my internet access point. The extra ethernet port on the main unit is connected to a switch. My 2 slave units are directly connected to this switch as well so all 3 deco's are connected to eachother via wire. 

As of lately (2 months or so), my slaves become "unavailable" from time to time, it says that they are "disconnected" from the main deco and they both have a flashing red light. How can they be disconnected if they are connected through ethernet? Is there something wrong in my settings? Somtimes they loose their connection at the same time, other times it's just a single unit loosing connection. They do recover themselves most of the time (sometimes i need to disconnect the power and reconnect again).

Unfortunatlely there are no logs I can find in the app to get more info. Anyone else experiencing this?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco M9 Slaves flashing red
2020-05-26 11:23:54

@RobbinJanssen 

Hi, 

From the problem description, it may be that the switch doesn't provide a stable connection to the slave Deco via cable thus the slave Deco has a flashing red light.
When the problem happens, please disconnect the slave Deco to the switch, then connect a PC to the switch instead with the same ethernet cable, do you have internet access on the PC?
What's the model number of the switch?
Have you tried to reboot the switch, or change the ethernet cable between the switch and the Deco units?

Options
2020-05-27 08:31:31

@TP-Link_Deco I think it had something to do with my Raspberry Pi4 connected directly to the Deco slave unit. Maybe it tried to get an IP from the Pi instead of the main router. I've moved the Pi and it is now connected to the switch.

So;

Internet --> Main Deco (AP) --> Switch --> Other devices + 2 slaves

I do suspect though that the Deco's are not using the ethernet connection but are connected to eachother via wifi. How can I make sure they are using the ethernet connection?

Options
2020-05-27 09:27:32

@RobbinJanssen 

Hi, 
Currently, Deco M9 Plus V2 doesn't have this feature to see which backhaul is working, however, the new firmware for the Deco M9 Plus has added this feature.
It's suggested to wait patiently for the new firmware, which will be released soon.
Good day!

Options
2020-10-27 09:36:23
Hi I have the same problem and it seems related to connecting a mini-switch to the wireless deco m9 plus slave and then several Linux based systems to the mini-switch. Just connecting a Windows PC to the wireless deco slave seems to work.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1599

Replies: 4