Parental Controls - iPhone and WiFi calling

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-25 09:29:13
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.4 20200221 rel 65392

I want to set up parental controls on my son's iPhone, but he has to use WiFi calling in our house as phone reception is so poor. I added parental controls previously, but the allocated time gets used - even though my son isn't on his device - as the phone requires to be on the network all the time for calls texts etc... Any work arounds or ideas? Thanks

Options
4 Reply
Re:Parental Controls - iPhone and WiFi calling
2020-05-26 11:30:49

@Gandoo 

Hi,

Because the iPhone on the internet all the time for calls, texts etc, so it uses the allocated time is normal. In your case, you can try to turn off the Wi-Fi on the iPhone when no need to use it, in this case, the iPhone won't uses internet and allocated time.

Options
2020-10-10 06:27:57

@Gandoo First, you could check out the Wi-Fi network connection, then make sure you have turned on the Wi-Fi calling in settings of the iPhone. If it is the iOS system glitches, try out using professional iOS system recovery tools such as TunesKit iOS System Repair and others to fix it. If they all don't work, you may need to contact the carrier for suggestions.

Options
2021-01-06 13:37:47

@Gandoo Got the same issue. Gave the children 12hrs a day, but the Wi-Fi Calling is eating it up even before they are awake. And this is something of late. Never happened during summer.

Created a test profile with my own iphone to see what might be causing it.

Options
2021-03-19 00:57:20 - last edited 2021-03-19 01:17:34

@Daniel_D I noticed the same issue, and have recently upgraded my firmware to see if helps resolve this recent issue (that may be related to child enabling wifi calling on their phone).  I'd recommend you check & hopefully do the same for your model.

I am NOT impressed that the Deco app offered no new updates (1.0.5 Build 20201013 Rel. 64247), yet browsing TPLink website, I came across 2 newer builds.
https://www.tp-link.com/ca/support/download/deco-x60/v2/#Firmware: Deco X60(US)_V2_1.5.1_20210204

Generally have been happy with the X60 v.2's, but its inability to self update makes me loose a little trust in TPLink products.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1253

Replies: 4

Related Articles