Deco M4 band steering

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M4 band steering

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M4 band steering
Deco M4 band steering
2020-05-25 14:17:18
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Noticed that my Xiaomi Mi9 phone periodically moves from 5 Ghz wifi to 2.4 Ghz and doesn't move back, no matter how far or close the telephone from Deco unit. As I understand the band steering technology, router and device  periodically exchange the information about 5 GHz support and if yes, device should be moved to this frequency. If I switch wifi off on my phone and then switch it on, it connects to 5 GHz initially.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M4 band steering
2020-05-27 10:12:06

@RedRoger 

Hi,

Normally, when a client is near to the Deco, Deco will recommend the client device to roam to 5G if it's connected to the 2.4G. However, whether to roam or not depends on the device itself.

If you want to connect your Xiaomi mi9 to the 5G, when it's connected to the 5G, you can go to the Deco app, click on the phone and click on the settings icon at the right top corner, then switch off the Mesh technology switch to have a try.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1642

Replies: 1

Related Articles