IOS Phones not able to connect Internet Deco5 1.4.4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-25 18:33:35 - last edited 2020-06-02 21:40:03
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.4

Hi All, Ever since updating to firmware 1.4.4 build 20200221. Rel 65392

I have been having issues with my IOS Phones not able to connect to internet. Or connecting-disconecting after few minutes on and off indefinitivelly 

Not sure how to identfy Deco hardware version; but all of the 3 M5

I already did trouble shooting with my ISP and seems no issues at Moden or service to do

The issue started this weekend after doing software-firmware update on Decos 

Not sure if it's definitely something that has changed in the updated firmware....

Is it possible to roll back to a previous version or update to a new version that removes changes that have been made? Any suggestions would be great

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:IOS Phones not able to connect Internet Deco5 1.4.4-Solution
2020-06-01 10:21:44 - last edited 2020-06-02 21:40:03

@Lcogaz 

There are different firmware versions for the Deco M5 before 1.4.4, if you do not know the previous firmware version, it hard to find the correct one to download and downgrade.

How about do a test as below steps?
1. Reset one of the slave Deco by press the reset button for 1s.
2. Disconnect the main Deco and the modem, connect the slave Deco to the modem directly.
3. Refer to the link below to create a new Deco network for the slave Deco. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2295/
4. Check if your iOS devices can work with the new Deco network.

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:IOS Phones not able to connect Internet Deco5 1.4.4
2020-05-27 09:52:33

@Lcogaz 

Hi, 
In your case, may I know other devices are working fine with Deco M5 with the latest firmware?
What's the model and version of your iOS phones?
What's the version of the previous firmware?
On the Deco app, please click an iPhone, then click on the Settings icon at the top right corner, turn off the Mesh technology switch, and then check if the iPhone will work fine.

Options
2020-05-30 17:44:12

@TP-Link_Deco THANKS TO Answer back. 

The other devices are working fine with Deco M5 with the latest firmware are: Nintendo3DS, Switch,1 Samsung SmartTV UHD, 1 HiSense RokuTV, 2 Laptops using Windows10 and 2 kindles. The ones connecting-disconnecting and publishing no internet access are Apple models: Ipad2 (9.3.5), iPhone's: 5S (12.4.4), 6(12.4.5), 6S (13.4.1), 7S (13.4.1) and 8S (13.4.1).

I don’t know the version of the previous firmware; can it be reviewed in some log? I just buy 3 M5 on last April and try to keep them updated. They were working very well until last 5/22 night when a failure on the ISP Service occurred and during the reestablishing of it, Deco asked for firmware update. My guess is that due of the ISP failure update were not fully done in a correct way.

Entering Deco App it's a nightmare because the iPhone does not connect easily (3-8 times insisting to connect by wifi to tplink in a 10 minutes period), but I finally get in and I click the iPhone icon, to turn off the Mesh technology switch on 3 of the 5 iPhones 5, 6 and 6S. I observed performance for 30 minutes but the issue does continues. At Deco App frecuent message that can not find Deco and/or need to use mobile data to connect to app.

Can I reset hardware to download previous firmware? or update the 1.4.4 again?

Options
Re:IOS Phones not able to connect Internet Deco5 1.4.4-Solution
2020-06-01 10:21:44 - last edited 2020-06-02 21:40:03

@Lcogaz 

There are different firmware versions for the Deco M5 before 1.4.4, if you do not know the previous firmware version, it hard to find the correct one to download and downgrade.

How about do a test as below steps?
1. Reset one of the slave Deco by press the reset button for 1s.
2. Disconnect the main Deco and the modem, connect the slave Deco to the modem directly.
3. Refer to the link below to create a new Deco network for the slave Deco. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2295/
4. Check if your iOS devices can work with the new Deco network.

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-06-02 21:39:57

@TP-Link_Deco Hello again and thanks for the advice.

I reset as indicated, created a new network and the rest was history, everything started to work fine, including the IOS Devices.

The only missing important thing to share was that the previous landscape were also with an old TPLink C1350 Wireless Dual Band WiFi 5  Router used to access wireless to usb harddrives.

So what I was reluctant to do is to setup it. Due that the M5 does not have USB available, will look for another way to continue accessing wireless the harddrives

Thanks 

Options
2020-06-04 10:02:01

@Lcogaz 

Glad to hear that your Deco is working fine now, please enjoy your internet~

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 857

Replies: 5

Related Articles