Deco M5/M9 using ethernet backhaul with the extra data point attached

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-26 09:52:51
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My planned setup with either the M5 or M9 systems:

|-------------> DECO M5 (UNIT 3)
                                                                   |

WWW ---> MODEM/ROUTER ---> SWITCH -------> DECO M5 (UNIT 1) (MAIN DECO)

|

|------------> DECO M5 (UNIT 2)

As I understand as per the forum: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/150757?page=1 I will be able to setup an ethernet backhaul in this system using the AP mode. 

My question is if the extra ethernet point on the Deco units will still work whilst in AP mode?

For example - I want to have my PS4 plugged into DECO M5 (UNIT 1) whilst still working in AP Mode with it's ethernet backhaul and also have another device plugged in via ethernet into DECO M5 (UNIT 2) which is also using the ethernet backhaul.

Will all this be possible? Thank you! 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M5/M9 using ethernet backhaul with the extra data point attached
2020-05-28 11:07:25

@ponnurz 

Hi, 
In this network diagram, the extra ethernet port on the Deco units still works when Deco works in the AP mode.

Options
2020-06-05 10:47:01

@TP-Link_Deco 

I have a similar scenario. I want to add a 4th Deco M5 AP with wireless backhaul to a network with 3 M5s in AP mode, all connected via ethernet backhaul. Can this 4th M5 with wireless backhaul make use of the ethernet ports? 

Options
2020-06-11 11:41:23

@bbddm 

Yes, on the 4th M5 with wireless backhaul, the Ethernet ports still can be used to connect to other devices such as PCs, thus PC can go to internet via the the 4th Deco.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1030

Replies: 3