TL-WR841HP not working after firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-27 09:14:20
Model: TL-WR841HP  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: TL-WR841HP_V1.20_150729

Hi. Last few days, my wifi router (TL-WR841HP v1.2) was disconnecting and reconnecting to all devices frequently. So I updated the firmware to latest version from tp link official site. After following the process of updating, my router stopped working. Now, all the lights are always on (not flashing, not bootloop) and no wifi or lan connection (pc says network cable unplugged even when the cable is connected). Didnt find anything on the internet like this problem. Can anyone please help?

Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-WR841HP not working after firmware update
2020-05-29 05:57:37

@sadi_zaman 

Please verify the below info before we conclude the router is defective:

1. What is the hardware version of your WR841HP, check it on the bottom label, and which firmware did you upgrade to, show me the link please;

2. When you try to upgrade the router firmware, is there any power outage or restart?

3. If the upgrade process went smoothly but the router is still not functioning anymore even you try to hardware reset it, it might be faulty and you may contact your reseller to see if it is still in warranty.

Options
Re:TL-WR841HP not working after firmware update
2020-05-29 10:53:09 - last edited 2020-05-29 10:54:40

@Solla-topee 

My hardware version is 1.2 and I downloaded this "https://static.tp-link.com/res/down/soft/TL-WR841HP_v1.20_150729.zip" from this site https://www.tp-link.com/bd/support/download/tl-wr841hp/v1.20/#Firmware . It even shows my hardware picture so there is no question of mistake.

My hardware was acting weird but it was at least working before the update. There were no power outage or restart. The update was smooth. After the update, I waited for more than 15 minutes before I checked the router that all the lights were on and its not starting. No LAN connection or WIFI signal.

I think my router is gone! Still I wanted to make sure if I can do anything to bring it back!

BTW, its a bit old router and its out of warranty period for a time now.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1328

Replies: 2

Related Articles