Unable to get deco m5 and sonos working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-27 21:24:30
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Dear All,

Set up my deco m5 system alongside Bt home hub on a new wifi network(someone said I could mirror bt settings but tried that and played havoc with sonos).

I cannot after trying many different routes get the sonos to link with the sonos....just wont have it.Tried setting up with ethernet cable as sonos says in both TP and BT but dosent like either with TP set up and running.

Should I turn off wifi on home hub?Anything else I need to try on BT or TP settings?

Really winding me up now after spending ages trying everything i know how to do.....maybe I should have gone with BT own system ?

Thanks in advance.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Unable to get deco m5 and sonos working
2020-05-29 10:46:57

@Pazza 

Hi, to better help you, please help to confirm the following information.
1. Is the problem that you can't connect the Sonos device to the Deco network successfully?
2. Is the Sonos device support an ethernet connection? 
3. How about your network diagram? Is the main Deco wired to the BT home hub to go to the internet? Does the slave Deco connect to the main Deco via Wi-Fi?
4. Do you have the internet when connecting your laptop to the Deco's network via Wi-Fi and wired?

Options
2020-11-15 09:34:29

@Pazza 

I could not connect my Sonos One and Sonos Beam speakers to the Deco M9 Plus system (ie on the same WI-FI network).
It apparently has to do with both systems running mesh and therefore you have to change from "Router" in the tp-link Deco app to "Access point" under Operating mode.
However, you lose functions such as NAT, parental control and QoS (nothing I intend to use).

After I changed this, I could easily connect my Sonos to the Deco system (and without a cord between the devices) True Wireless :)

I have now also activated Google Home and Google Assistant.

So now I can control the whole home via voice control apps (Google) , lighting (Philip Hue) and music playback (Spotify).

So happy with everything now and have much higher internet speed throughout our house.

Options
2020-11-15 09:41:05
Update. It does not seen that I can use RE300 Extender when I use Access Point mode, its seen that you need Router mode, but then my Sonos does not work... Or is it any other way to make Sonos work in Routermode without using a wire between them?
Options
2020-11-16 02:43:18

@Hopp12 

Good day.

Thanks for your patience.

When you mentioned that you could use the RE300, did you mean, RE300 could not be set up successfully or after setup, there is still no internet from the RE300?

Would there be any error message when you failed to use RE300?

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1668

Replies: 4