Deco P9 - What is the ssh login information?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-28 01:36:53
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: There's only one so far ... 1.0.2 Build 20190917 Rel. 71168

Hi All,

I'm feeling silly.  I can get an ssh prompt but searching the Internet I found one mention specifically for the P9.  That said the ssh login was the same as the mobile app login, but that didn't work. 

Thanks,

Chris

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco P9 - What is the ssh login information?
2020-05-29 10:54:37

@monahancj 
SSH Services on the TP-Link products are only available for TP-Link apps. Other SSH clients cannot access to TP-Link products or adjust their settings with command lines. 

For more detailed information, you can refer to the link https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2462/.

Options
2020-05-29 17:56:51

@TP-Link_Deco Thank you for the information.

Feedback for the devs:  That's annoying and possibly short-sighted.  On the off chance you ever give owners of the equipment ssh access port 22 is the obvious one to use to keep it simple for your users.  Using a non-standard port for the app to router communication means you never have to mix Deco app operations with the user end of things.

Options
2020-06-01 10:02:59

@monahancj 

Thank you for your feedback, we will keep recording the same kind of request, and then we can forward it to our product engineer and they can work on it.

Good day!

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2749

Replies: 3

Related Articles