Cannot see wifi led, unable to switch on wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-30 07:02:45
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

The wifi LED is not turning on and I dont see the network (2.4 or 5 )

What i have tried:

1. Held the wifi button at back for 5-6 seconds

2. Reset the router

3. Reboot the router

I am unable to set up the wireless configs for some reason.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Cannot see wifi led, unable to switch on wifi
2020-10-11 23:20:38

@axe hi, I think I'm having the same problem - did you manage to fix this?

Options
2020-10-12 05:56:38

@laurel 

Hi, have you referred to the troubleshooting suggestions below?

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2597/

If none of the suggestions help, please verify some more details:

Login to the web UI and change some wireless settings to give it a go. For example, change the 2.4GHz wireless channel to 1, 6, or 11, change the channel width to 20MHz. For the 5GHz wireless, change the channel to 36/40/44, channel width to 40MHz.

BTW, when did you purchase this router and when did this issue happen?

Options
2020-10-12 15:57:14

@Kevin_Z Thanks for replying!

In my panic yesterday, I simply reset to factory settings again, and when things booted back up I was able to see all the lights I needed. Everything has been working fine today, so cross your fingers!

But, just in case it helps: I purchased this router last year. It was setup in my (new) apartment when my internet provider, WaveG, sent someone to connect us - but I wasn't home at the time. He took it out of the box, and whatever he did has lasted us for over a year. My roommate was afraid that she was having security issues because we didn't have the settings secure enough, so she had recently done stuff to update firmware or something and also did a factory reset in the process. I think immediately after that was fine, but the next day she restarted the router because she was still having some issues - and that's when the real problems for all of us started happening. I didn't exactly follow those steps on the troubleshoot - best I could do was press the wps/wifi button, which did nothing.

The end of the story is that another factory reset helped!

Best,

Laurel

Options
2020-10-14 08:33:48

@laurel 

Hi, thanks for the update, even though we both not sure what is the reason why it stopped broadcasting the signal, it is now working. Hope it will be good then.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 418

Replies: 4

Related Articles