XBOX LIVE WONT CONNECT .( tp link archer vr600 )

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-01 12:02:54
Model: Archer VR600v  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

i picked up a vr600 to replace my rubbish sky hub with sky fibre 

its all set up fine and runs perfect and ipv6 enabled  with the one issue which is extremely annoying , 

my xbox one will not connect to xbox live . my set up is as follows and this is where it gets interesting 

5ghz wifi - various devices all connected fine 

ethernet port 1  ...tp link powerline adapter leading to 2 adapters for kids xbox they have one each 

ethernet port 2 .. hardwired right into my xbox 

if i turn my xbox on then it just will not connect to xbox live at all either wired or wireless 

if i turn the lads xbox x2 on then they both connect and work fine 

i have also took my xbox to their powerline adapter and it also works fine . 

this tells me that either there is a problem with the ethernet ports and xbox live as other hardwired devices do work , i got it to work once but then the next day it didnt ,do you think i need to make the my xbox static ip and put in port forwarding ?  i really dont know tbh and dont want to mess to much 

hope you can help thanks 

Options
3 Reply
Re:XBOX LIVE WONT CONNECT .( tp link archer vr600 )
2020-06-04 20:16:16

@Jonny.a 

A few items you could check in the TP Link router's administration portal.

Is UPnP enabled via the router? Found in Advanced dashboard >> NAT Forwarding >> UnP

Also have a check if your XBox has some how made it on to the "blocked" list of devices. Found in Advanced dashboard >> Security >> Firewall & DoS Protection

Also worth checking the Access Control list. Found in Advanced dashboard >> Security >> Access Control.

Options
2020-06-29 17:43:10

@4x3.2x9 

Hi,

Same problem in my Xbox one too.

Unfortunately nothing from the above helped to resiolve it.

Please help

Options
2020-12-03 13:43:44

I'm also having problems with my xbox not connecting, it works fine with wifi but as soon as I try to connect the xbox to the modem via ethernet it won't connect, I tried all the options above and none of them work. Has there been a fix yet as I don't wont to send the modem back but the main reason I brought it was to hardwire into my xbox 

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 3127

Replies: 3