TL-PA8030P KIT V2 and frequent disconnections problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-02 00:11:46
Model: TL-PA8030P KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.3

Hi all,

I've a couple of TL-PA8030P (it's the model with 3 giga eth ports) and I'm quite happy on how they work but for the well know rand disconnection problem.

In my experience when the disconnection happens I have to diconnect and reconnect the physical cable to instantly fix it.

I've already tried many of the suggestions found on the forum like diasbling the power saving feature, disabling DHCP on clients and updating the firmware.

About the firmware I've discovered that the last version for the V2 is the 2.2.3, but the V3 has got a 2.7 and in a few posts I've read that the last versions have fixed many disconnection problems.

Is anybody else having the same issue? If so, did you try installing V3 firmware on V2 equipment, even if TPLINK says it could harm you hardware and void warranty?

Thanks in advance,

Max

Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-PA8030P KIT V2 and frequent disconnections problem
2020-06-05 08:25:35
I too would (desperately) like to know whether there are any firmware updates for 8030P V2. We've been stuck on base firmware v2.2, where all other major vendors have upgraded even their oldest PLC1200 products to v2.8 by now. Why is this important? Qualcomm has introduced VDSL coexistence strategies in their base firmware release v2.7, and refined them in v2.8, so it would be vitally important to have everything on that level. This base firmware is available to OEMs and vendors for all generations of PLC1200 silicon, so there's really no excuse for not providing this update to customers. So please, TP-Link support staff, can you get us something? (Don't forget v1 hardware while you're at it.) Thanks. best regards, Peter
Options
Re:TL-PA8030P KIT V2 and frequent disconnections problem
2020-06-05 10:53:03

@PeterM. 

I'm afraid TPLink won't ear us crying, but take a look on this very useful post: https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/204234

Cheers!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1103

Replies: 2

Related Articles