Deco X60 - No WPA3 Support / Option Not Working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-02 19:05:42 - last edited 2020-06-02 22:16:31
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.3

Hi all,

I'll keep this short and sweet.

I bought a Deco X60 system to replace my old M5.

On the TP-Link website it says the X20, X60 among other Archer models have WPA3 support.

I have tested this, and even though WiFi 6 is working, I can only authenticate using WPA2, even manually joining my network using WPA3 thows an incorrect security type error on my iPhone. Multiple devices have been tested, WPA3 definitely is not available for me.

Any suggestions? I have the current latest firmware as of 02 June 2020 - V1.2.3

EDIT #1: I sorted it, turns out there is a setting in WiFi menu on app, click on the SSID and will show an option for WPA3. 

Wonder why WPA2/WPA3 isn't enabled by default

EDIT #2: My enthusiasm was short-lived, even after enabling the WPA3 option deep within the settings, clients still refuse to connect via WPA3.

And just to rule out client issues, I had actually bought an ASUS RT-AX92U at first (Complete rubbish btw, very unstable AiMesh), but WPA3 worked fine on that router.

Options
7 Reply
Re:Deco X60 - No WPA3 Support / Option Not Working
2020-06-05 09:48:25

@jamiemacg40 

Hi, 
To better help you, please help to confirm the following information.
What's the device are you used to connect to the Deco's Wi-Fi with WPA3 security type? What's the model number of the wireless adapter on that device?
How do you manually join the Deco network using WPA3?

Options
2020-06-05 09:57:00

TP-Link_Deco wrote

@jamiemacg40 

Hi, 
To better help you, please help to confirm the following information.
What's the device are you used to connect to the Deco's Wi-Fi with WPA3 security type? What's the model number of the wireless adapter on that device?
How do you manually join the Deco network using WPA3?

@TP-Link_Deco 

Hi,

i have tested 3 devices, an iPhone 11 Pro, Macbook Pro 2020, and a Gaming PC with an Intel AX200

When selecting a network, if you select hidden network  it will give an option to select WPA3. as stated, another router i have tested had NO issues with WPA3.

This can rule out any client issues.

Options
2020-06-07 00:10:17
Hi! I discovered the WPA3 option based on your post, so I thought I would test it and see if I have the same issue as you. First WPA2 was used, but after making the client "forget" the wifi network and set it up again both my Samsung S10 and my Surface laptop are now using WPA3. Thanks for making me aware of this option.
Options
2020-06-07 00:14:49

Riim wrote

Hi! I discovered the WPA3 option based on your post, so I thought I would test it and see if I have the same issue as you. First WPA2 was used, but after making the client "forget" the wifi network and set it up again both my Samsung S10 and my Surface laptop are now using WPA3. Thanks for making me aware of this option.

Hi, I'm glad it worked for you!

I noticed my PC is now using WPA3, which is great, however all my other clients still have issues with the Deco's WPA3 implementation where all my tested clients were very happy with WPA3 on the ASUS router I mentioned in my OP

Options
2020-06-11 11:33:24

@jamiemacg40 

Hi, 

When your other devices connected to Deco's network using WPA3, what's the error message do you have on your other devices?
Have you tried to forget the Wi-Fi network and then connect to it again on your clients such as iPhone, MAC laptop?

Options
2020-06-11 11:38:53

TP-Link_Deco wrote

@jamiemacg40 

Hi, 

When your other devices connected to Deco's network using WPA3, what's the error message do you have on your other devices?
Have you tried to forget the Wi-Fi network and then connect to it again on your clients such as iPhone, MAC laptop?

@TP-Link_Deco 

Hi, attached is an error message from my iPhone, i have tried forgetting network already.

I would like to reaffirm that I have tested another router with WPA3, and my client devices never had a problem, the red herring here is the Deco unit.

Options
2020-07-02 08:09:34

@jamiemacg40 

Hello, is the screenshot your iPhone 11 Pro? Can you please try to change the Security on it to Auto then try to connect again?

Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 4069

Replies: 7