Backhaul and modem ---- main Deco connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-03 10:34:04 - last edited 2020-06-04 22:00:27
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I know that main Deco has to be connected to (existing) modem[+router] via ethernet (applies to all MESH systems).  Is this connection always a single ethernet cable?  Perhaps where people have an existing modem[+router] its best to replace that with modem only and allow main Deco to do all the work?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Backhaul and modem ---- main Deco connection-Solution
2020-06-04 22:00:01 - last edited 2020-06-04 22:00:27

TP-Link_Deco wrote

@Musicrabuk 

Hi,

Do you want to know if Deco can work when there is no modem/router?...

@TP-Link_Deco Thanks.  I have been confused about backhaul.  But now I believe the connection " modem ---- main Deco" has nothing to do with backhaul.  Backhaul is only relevant for the connection "main Deco ----- non-main Decos" (whether Powline or wifi).  

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Backhaul and modem ---- main Deco connection
2020-06-04 11:12:57

@Musicrabuk 

Hi,

Do you want to know if Deco can work when there is no modem/router?
The main Deco requires to connect to an Ethernet cable to go to the internet. If there is no modem/router in the front of Deco, but there is an Ethernet port on the wall and can provide internet when connecting a PC to it, then when Deco connect to that Ethernet port on the wall, Deco can also provide internet to other devices such as laptops, and phones, etc.

Options
Re:Backhaul and modem ---- main Deco connection-Solution
2020-06-04 22:00:01 - last edited 2020-06-04 22:00:27

TP-Link_Deco wrote

@Musicrabuk 

Hi,

Do you want to know if Deco can work when there is no modem/router?...

@TP-Link_Deco Thanks.  I have been confused about backhaul.  But now I believe the connection " modem ---- main Deco" has nothing to do with backhaul.  Backhaul is only relevant for the connection "main Deco ----- non-main Decos" (whether Powline or wifi).  

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Backhaul and modem ---- main Deco connection
2020-06-05 09:13:43

@Musicrabuk 

Yes, the backhaul is referring to the connection between the Deco units.

Options