Internet keeps dropping

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Internet keeps dropping

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Internet keeps dropping
Internet keeps dropping
2020-06-03 14:08:05
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.4

Hi 

I'm a newbie and not very technical so will try and explain as clearly as possible the challenges we're experiencing.

We have a Virgin BB Super Hub 3.0.

Having discovered a couple of problem 'dark' areas for wifi in the house we purchased the Deco M5 (base + 2 units) and set this up.  Everything seemed to work.  I think we turned the VM BB Super Hub 3.0 into modem-mode initially.

However, we started to experience some issues (network connection dropping / freezing) with a Sky Q set up (for main box & 2 mini boxes) and after failure to resolve these with Sky we decided to get all the boxes hard-wired to the VB Hub 3.0.  Sky Q now works consistently as expected.

More recently we upgraded the VM BB to their M200 product.  Speed increase was impressive (for us) and mesh network delivered good performance round the house.

For a while (few months) everything seemed to work great but we've now experienced an increasing number of connection issues where the mesh system 'red lights' for all 3 Decos but it appears that the VM BB is still available.  Sometimes this happens several times in an hour and is pretty much a once a day event but with no obvious trigger in terms of our usage or time of day.  All our devices (with exception of Sky Q boxes) have been set to connect to the mesh network so ideally they would be available throughout the house and when this fails the devices do not automatically swap to the VM BB to continue connection.  They just freeze.

I've tried a few times to connect to the VM BB when the red lights are on the Deco units and this appears to work so the internet is still available.

In order to restart the mesh network and reset the Deco units it appears that our only option has been to turn the VM BB Hub off and let it re-start.  Very frustrating. 

So we're after help to elminate this tedium...  I'm not sure if I should be scrapping the mesh system, changing settings on the Deco(s), chnage Virgin BB Hub settings or anything else to get to a stable position.  Suspect that any solution may require plenty more info but not sure what info you would need to resolve. 

Apologies if this explanation is in anyway confusing and only too happy to answer Qs if anyone can help.

Thanks

CGA

Options
1 Reply
Re:Internet keeps dropping
2020-06-05 10:06:01

@CGA 

Hi, 

You can try to configure the Deco works in the AP mode, and then check if they will work properly or not.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1842/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 557

Replies: 1

Related Articles