RE650 - Was working fine then keeps on disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-04 22:04:39
Model: RE650  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6 Build 20180719 Rel. 36926

Hello

I am connecting my RE650 to Netgear X6 R8000 and it was working fine then suddenly it keeps on disconnecting always and shows no internet access. Every single time I have to restart the device or even reset it and do everything again for it to work. Any ideas why this is happening? 

Options
3 Reply
Re:RE650 - Was working fine then keeps on disconnecting
2020-06-10 03:46:38

@HMotawee 

Hello,

Is there any change in your network or on the Netgear X6 R8000 when this disconnect issue happened? Did you upgrade the firmware or change wireless settings on the Netgear X6 R8000?

Upgrade the firmware of the RE650 and reconfigure it to have a try:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/re650/#Firmware

If the issue persists after the firmware update and configuration, kindly help verify the below information:

1. How about the wireless connection of the Netgear X6 R8000, is it always stable? If not, contact Netgear support to modify the router settings;

2. When the extender drops the connection, how about the LED's status, especially the RE light?

3. Is the 2.4G or 5G having this disconnection issue or both?

Options
2020-06-10 04:41:03

@Solla-topee the settings of the netgear X6 R8000 is the exact same nothing changed. 

Regarding the firmware should I install EU firmware? I bought the device from Saudi Arabia so please confirm on this. 

Regarding the questions, here are the answers below:

1. The connection is stable no drops if I am connected directly to the netgear router. 

2. The 5Ghz always has issues and disconnected, while the 2.4Ghz connects more often. Most of the time the 5G led is off and 2.4G sometimes on. Even though when I connect it says no internet and when I directly connect to the netgear router it is working fine. Also when the led is on when I check on the router the Re650 is not connected. I re-do the scanning and connection and it says connected. 

3. Both but the 5G a lot more. A lot of times when I check the 5G it says lost connection and I scan and find nothing while other devices are connected to the 5G from the router in the same time normally. 

Options
2020-06-10 06:08:48

@HMotawee 

Please verify your router hardware on its bottom label whether it is an EU version or not and it is NOT suggested to upgrade firmware which is not from your region. 

As per your description, the 5G LED is off when the extender Wi-Fi disconnects, which means the extender is disconnected from the router. Try to relocate the extender and change the wireless channels for both 2.4G and 5G to see if it makes a difference.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1763

Replies: 3