I lose conection on the second Deco M9Plus

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-04 22:25:46 - last edited 2020-06-04 22:29:14
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.11

Hi, 

I set up a 2-unit Deco P9 Plus in my home: the Main Deco runs in Router mode, connected to the internet router by cable. So is Router-cable-Deco1----Wifi----Deco2, in Router mode, with all the recommended settings. Same floor, no more than 10 meters in line with 3 walls.

When the network is up, connection and speed is excellent on all rooms. However, sometimes connection disappear on the secundary deco.

I tried to remove the deco and added it again to the network, and I lost conection again (only on the computer conected to that unit. The others keep conected to the main deco, Deco1). I tried to reboot the pc. I tried to add that pc to an address reservation. I tried to eliminate and created again the network on the DECO App. I tried to change Router to Access Point. I tried to change Deco2 to Deco1 and Deco1 to Deco2, so the main changes into the slave and viceversa...

And every time, I continous losing internet on Deco2, although the light on the device continous as green.

Please help. 

Thanks!

Options
8 Reply
Re:I lose conection on the second Deco M9Plus
2020-06-05 12:42:25

@ElenaVM 

Hi,

To better help you, please help to confirm the following information.
1. What devices connected to the slave Deco? Are they lose connection at the same time? 
2. When the device lose connection, is it connected to the Wi-Fi name but no internet access? If so, how about the IP address on the device? Can it ping the Deco's LAN IP and  www.google.com successfully?
3. How about the wired connection from the slave Deco? When the Wi-Fi is not working, when connect a PC to the slave Deco by an Ethernet cable, does the PC have internet connection?

Options
2020-06-05 19:08:12

@ElenaVM 

Following this one, i have a simular issue, but only on my laptop, my phones for example have no issue

Options
2020-06-06 10:35:13

@TP-Link_Deco 

1. 2 PC and 1Mobile. When I lose the conection, I switch the mobile to data and the first PC change to the MAIN Deco (because doesn´t lose conection, even when I turn off the DECO slave). 

2. When the PC loses conection, it dissapears the symbol of wifi, and a WORLD symbol appear. When I search the wifi, it shows like conected with no internet. I don´t know how to "ping the Deco's LAN IP and  www.google.com successfully", but I tried to connect to Google and it doesn´t load any page.

3.I´ll try next time it happens. For example, I had problems with all this on Thursday. I switch off everything (deco, pc...) and next day it was working until today with no more issues. It happens sometimes and when it happens there is no way to fix it until next day. Not even rebooting or restarting Decos.

*When all this happens, the Deco on the app appears like connected with no problems.

Options
2020-06-11 12:09:06

@Bjornemmy 

Hi,

If your phone is working when connected to the slave Deco, which means the slave Deco can provide internet, it's suggested to update the driver of the wireless adapter on your laptop and check if it will work stable.

Options
2020-06-11 12:09:43

@ElenaVM 

Hi, 

You can refer to the link below to use the ping command. The Deco's default IP address is 192.168.681, if you have not changed it, when the problem happens, you can try to ping 192.168.68.1 and ping www.google.com.
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/425/

How often does the problem happen? Have you tried to turn off the fast roaming feature? If not, you can have a try.

Options
2020-06-11 14:30:31

@TP-Link_Deco 

Gosh darn, if only that was't the first thing I tryed... 

Options
2020-06-12 15:46:26

It didn´t happen to me again, it only happened a few times, but is annoying because it doesn´t work until 2 days with everything disconected.

Next time that this happen, I´ll try all solutions that you provided, thank you!

It ´s not the wifi driver, because is working now. The mobile connects to the main deco because it loses connection from the slave. 

Options
2020-06-25 08:29:35

@TP_ 

It happen again, I checked my mobile and it was connected to the slave, so the problem is with my computer, but is not the wifi drivers, since I updated them yesterday. Also I updated the BIOS.

So I don´t know why only happen this with my computer. Any solution? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 938

Replies: 8