Archer AX6000 Firmware upgrade ruined everything. Cant go back?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer AX6000 Firmware upgrade ruined everything. Cant go back?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
151 Reply
Re:Archer AX6000 Firmware upgrade ruined everything. Cant go back?
2020-06-30 04:02:32

@CabrioArtie  @Akuini  @Berki  @Kumra 

Hi all, apologies again for all trouble and long troubleshooting process it has been taken on this issue, but thanks a lot for all your patience and cooperation on the debug with our engineers these days, which is massively appreciated.

Please be more patient as always you are and we will provide new firmware soon, thanks a lot.

Options
2020-06-30 04:37:38

@Kevin_Z 

I'm sorry, but at this point I've lost all patience. The impact of this problem on my network and Wife's business is unacceptable.

If you believe resolving this problem in excess of more than a few days is acceptable you are mistaken. But the problem hasn't been resolved and it is now in excess of a few weeks.

And, if you believe that we work for you in helping test your firmware you are mistaken on this too. The Beta version has as many or more problems than the official release. Are you guessing at how to fix things?

The only solution you should be working on at this point is a release which allows us to back out to the February version which worked. If you want us to help you DEBUG your firmware maybe you should pay us for our time. 

If you can't figure out how to allow us to run the February Firmware, then you should send us replacement routers for the currently bug filled router we currently have because of the bad firmware release. Then we will return your defective units.

Your failure to resolve this issue quickly or to allow a backout has demonstrated an insufficient understanding of the impact you have caused your customers.

And, what's even worse, you don't even have the decency to remove this bad firmware release from your website so others don't download and corrupt their router. This tells me you don' really care.

Thanks for leaving us stranded.

Options
2020-07-01 06:56:02

@Kevin_Z  just to confirm I have the same bug!

this latest firmware is not stable. I had a good wifi connection (smart connect) during 5 days and now the wifi signal is dropping...

I have to reboot the box every day...

please deploy a new firmware now!

thanks

Options
2020-07-01 07:00:51

Pretty much exactly what the other guys are saying word for word. 

we are not unpaid beta testers, we are full paying customers. Please don't forget that. 

Options
2020-07-01 20:06:41 - last edited 2020-07-01 20:13:40

@Kevin_Z  @Solla-topee 

The current router firmware has a lot of problems, WAN connection / internet speed not stable WIFI sometimes not connecting, OPENVPN not working and no login authentication for the VPN which make it unsecure.

Also, there are other missing features, DHCP lease time limited to 3 days why not 7 days? reserving IP address in DHCP I must enter it manually but all other routers i.e. Asus just click on the connected devices list click the IP and you will get a list of options one of them is to reserve the IP address.

When I go thru all the above problems, I think that my router is from unknown brand in the market!

I hope TP-Link will listen to this and release a new firmware that will resolve all the problems and test it in their lab and not on our devices!

Regards

Options
2020-07-02 03:19:17

@Al_Aamry 

Hello, your suggestions had been already forwarded to the engineers and they will evaluate the feasibility and will let you know whether it can be achieved.

Thanks.

Options
2020-07-02 03:28:13

@ecointet 

Hello, 

Do you mean only the 5G encounter dropping outs or including the LAN and 2.4G connections? It seems you enabled the smart connect on it, what if you disable the smart connect and set a different SSID for the 2.4G and 5G network?

If it is the 5G network not stable, may I know what are the 5G devices connected to the AX6000? Please try to change the 5G channel and channel width on it to give it a go.

When those devices got disconnected from the 5G network, is the 5G still broadcasting and can you still see it? How will the connection recover, do you need to connect to the 5G network again or it will just connect back automatically?

Thanks for your cooperation and patience.

Options
2020-07-02 14:32:08

Hi,

i was recommended the same beta (1.1.2 202000623 rel. 23579(4555) over in this thread:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/214544?replyId=457658

for me it seems pretty stable and fixed my issues with Sonos on 2.4. 

happy to compare notes on config in case it helps you guys get stable for now (and maybe narrow down the issue. 

Justin

Options
2020-07-02 14:55:28

@CabrioArtie for smartplug connection have you tried to desactivate quarantine of trend antivirus on the AX6000. I have same problem with my google home and this is the antivirus trens which had place them in quarantine.

The big problem of this antivirus feature is that we haven't got any good logs or information about what is in quarantine.

Options
2020-07-02 17:08:09
Thanks for the suggestion, but I have all of the Antivirius items off and they were never on. The issue is, this release has significant bugs.
Options
Related Articles