Walking in the house not possible

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-05 15:33:58
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello, the configuration of the range extender is super easy and I now have Wi-fi coverage in the section of my house that I did not have before.

However, when for example I am connected on wi-fi with my laptop and I am under the "umbrella" of the range extender, I cannot move my laptop to a section of my house where I am on my "regular" wi-fi and not under the range extender coverage. Of course in the "network parameters" of windows it is not possible to see that I am working with the range extender or not so I am pretty much clueless with this issue. Can someone help ?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Walking in the house not possible
2020-06-10 03:34:17

@Joepat 

Does it mean your laptop cannot switch to the stronger signal when it is moving around? This will certainly depend on the Wi-Fi adapter's 'choice', and you may check if this could be achieved by enabling the Roaming Aggressiveness (change to the highest level) for your Wi-Fi adapter.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 260

Replies: 1