Archer c6(EU) v2 - Problem after last update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-07 11:03:21
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello All,

i have problem with router after last FW upgrade. i performed automatic upgrade with button "check for upgrade". After upgrade and reboot now i see in login windows "Welcome to TP-link AC1900". I have AC1200 no AC1900. Also i no longer able to see Device informations like firmware version, HW version. Have someone same problem like me ? how to solve this problem ? i tried to perform manual FW upgrade with last version from TP link site (ArcherC6v2_eu-up-ver1-3-0-P1[20200402-rel52000]) but some error occur "invalid file type".

Please help

Thank you

Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer c6(EU) v2 - Problem after last update
2020-06-09 03:58:55

@GordoniX 

Hello, can you show me a screenshot of the "Welcome to TP-link AC1900" after the firmware update? Is there any other modem or router in your network that is AC1900? 

Except for the "Welcome to TP-link AC1900" and device information missing, is the router still running and you still have internet access?

If you want to downgrade the firmware to the previous one, please check and ensure you have unzipped the file downloaded from the official website, you need to upload the .bin file into the router:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-c6/#Firmware

Instructions for the firmware update:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2139/

Options
2020-06-09 19:09:51

@Solla-topee 

Hello,

below you can see answers.

1. Hello, can you show me a screenshot of the "Welcome to TP-link AC1900" after the firmware update? 

2. Is there any other modem or router in your network that is AC1900? 
No, no other router or modem in my network.

3. Except for the "Welcome to TP-link AC1900" and device information missing, is the router still running and you still have internet access?

Yes, router running and network connections work, but sometimes network not works and i need to wait couple minutes to work again. I tried reboot router but this not solve my problem.

Also strange is that all LEDs on router blinking at once (reboot not help).

I wanted to perform factory reset from "Backup and restore" but after click on button nothing happened also backup setting button not works. After all options i tried last one which help me. I performed HARD reset with button in back of router i push it for few second (help me after second attemp) now everyhing works fine. I have "Welcome to TP-link AC1200" back also all information show correctly and LED now work fine. Maybe it will help someone.

Thank you for your help and time.

Options
2020-06-10 01:51:58

@Solla-topee 

Hello

I had the same problem.

The gordonix solution seems to work, but in my case I had to perform a "hard reset" at least 6 times to solve this problem.

Is there any chance for someone to look at what caused this situation so that it does not happen again in next update? Or is it an already known bug?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Options
2020-06-10 02:23:44

@null_and_void 

As per your description and gordonix's, we assume there might be a display issue when upgrading the older firmware to the latest when flashing the old configuration into the new, but reset would help resolve it.

We will feedback to the engineers and ask them to confirm soon.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1394

Replies: 4

Related Articles