Ip configuration failure

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Ip configuration failure

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Ip configuration failure
Ip configuration failure
2020-06-07 18:00:32
Model: TL-WR841N  
Hardware Version: V10
Firmware Version:

So I connected my WiFi router to existing router as wire less range extender after some time I get a error say ip configuration failure and there is no Internet. How do I fix this. 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Ip configuration failure
2020-06-08 06:38:06

@Sourabh_24 

It seems that you need to configure the WDS function on this WR841N and below is the guide:

How to configure WDS function on TP-Link Wireless Routers (new logo)?

Options
2020-06-27 17:58:21

@Solla-topee still facing the same issue even after following all the instructions. 

Options
2020-06-29 02:57:53

@Sourabh_24 

Hi, is the WDS status showing Run or not? If not, which means the extender is not connected to your existing router.

May I know the model number of your main/existing router? Please check and ensure there are no special settings like access control or MAC filtering on it which may block the extender to connect.

BTW, may I know which country are you from? If you cannot set up the WDS successfully, you may try to contact the local live support or hotline support, which will be more efficient:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Thanks.

Options
2020-06-30 05:00:29

@Solla-topee it's show run initially but after some time again I get the error ip configuration failure. 

The mai router is from jio giga fiber 

Model number - JCO4032

Country - India 

Options
2021-09-29 22:41:01

@Sourabh_24 

Hi there, were you able to solve this problem?

I'm facing the same problem. I have the same router as my main router (Jio Fiber Router). I can get the details if necessary.

My problem is like this, I setup the WDS in my Tp Link Archer 5 & this works for sometime & when I restart my repeater or if there is a network disruption from main router then the repeater will not work anymore & says IP Configuration Failure.

Could you please help me solve this problem

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2335

Replies: 5

Related Articles